TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Hershey Park 6/30/08

So on the last day of June I finally get an opportunity to head out to Hershey with my friend Sam joining me & Fahrenheit was my first ride!

I got my season pass to Hershey today. Out of all 4 passes which one looks the best?

This ride was AMAZING

When going up the lift it felt like you were upsidedown!

Down the 97 degree drop!

Another shot of the drop.

Norwegian loop

Cobra Roll on my 139th credit

Air time hill

Me in line for my 2nd ride the Comet.

I don't remember this ride having soooo much air time

Sooperdooperlooper time

My favorite Schwarzkopf

B&M time on the Great Bear.

I love B&Ms

Looks like Sam does to!

Sam's 1st Intamin

Nice pic

Cool down ride.

130th ride of the year!

Boomerang of death

Rough as hell but fun as hell

Time to get whipped on Wildmouse

Yayyyyy finally on Lightning Racers. So I lost on Thunder & won on Lightning twice

Definetly my favorite ride at Hershey.

Sam thinks so to

Time for Chocolate World!

Us on the Chocolate tour

Final purchase I spent $63.05 in chocolate

So I got 13 rides in today & now have 137 this year. I want to thank Hershey Park because while on the tram car back to the parking lot I left my bag with my video camera on it and they shipped it back to my house free thank you so much

Watch the video!

Day Conclusion:

Fahrenheit=1

Comet=2

Sooperdooperlooper=1

Great Bear=1

Storm Runner=1

Trail Blazer=1

Sidewinder=1

Wild Cat=1

Wild Mouse=1

Lightning Racers (Thunder)=1

Lightning Racers (Lightning)=2

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there that day too! Fahrenheit went down when I was 3 trains away, I don't know if it opened back up, but I was mad I didn't get to ride it. The Comet had a ridiculous line, I got in the queue at about 1020 and and it was through the 1st switchback, by the time I got of it was getting into the 4th and more people were getting in, and around night when it started to rain it was still through 3..Otherwise it was a good day and not TOO crowded. The only closed ride was sooperdooperlooper, but it opened up later in the day.

Another thing- Lightning Racer got ALOT rougher, didn't it.

I don't think the Lightning Racer experience has changed since its opening day. IMO, Thunder is rougher than Lightning. I always prefer taking someone on their first ride on Lightning before Thunder.

Oh, nice pics by the way!

I noticed Comet is not trimmed on the turn around that goes over the station. It used to slow you down a good 5-7mph, but now you just fly around the turn and Fly through the second half..

It's now my favorite Woodie at the park when it operates like that . LR has gotten slightly rougher then say 3 years ago, but all woodies do.

I was there that day too! Fahrenheit went down when I was 3 trains away, I don't know if it opened back up, but I was mad I didn't get to ride it. The Comet had a ridiculous line, I got in the queue at about 1020 and and it was through the 1st switchback, by the time I got of it was getting into the 4th and more people were getting in, and around night when it started to rain it was still through 3..Otherwise it was a good day and not TOO crowded. The only closed ride was sooperdooperlooper, but it opened up later in the day.

Another thing- Lightning Racer got ALOT rougher, didn't it.

Sooperdooperlooper broke down? I got on it around 1 what time did it break down? Oh yeah I was just about to get on Roller Soaker for my 13th ride of the day & the power went out looks like we both had bad luck Lightning Racers didn't seem that rough to me.

^Comet is now my favorite woodie there too, Wildcat and Lightning Racer are just OK. The only thing with Comet I have a problem with is the line, its crazy how a roller coaster like that gets that big of a line IMO. I know I have said this before, but I really don't understand why people still enter the queue when its past the 4th switchback, its not THAT good of a ride. It probably has the longest line in the park besides Fahrenheit, and maybe SR.

^Comet is now my favorite woodie there too, Wildcat and Lightning Racer are just OK. The only thing with Comet I have a problem with is the line, its crazy how a roller coaster like that gets that big of a line IMO. I know I have said this before, but I really don't understand why people still enter the queue when its past the 4th switchback, its not THAT good of a ride. It probably has the longest line in the park besides Fahrenheit, and maybe SR.

Did u notice ALL of the AIRTIME that ride had? I LOVED it

It's probably because it's the first coaster you see from the entrance and it has a low capacity (Hershey says 830 an hour). It's my favorite wooden coaster but I only get to ride it once a trip usually because of the wait.

Really? When I was waiting in line, the guy said it was about a 2 hour wait from where we were, and we were in the station in about 45 minutes, and when the loading attendant asked the guy in back of us how long he had waited and he said about 40 minutes, the employee actually had the nerve to say your lying, not in like a joking way but he was flat-out accusing this guy of lying about that! Not right on his part IMO, but it did move VERY fast.

Really? When I was waiting in line, the guy said it was about a 2 hour wait from where we were, and we were in the station in about 45 minutes, and when the loading attendant asked the guy in back of us how long he had waited and he said about 40 minutes, the employee actually had the nerve to say your lying, not in like a joking way but he was flat-out accusing this guy of lying about that! Not right on his part IMO, but it did move VERY fast.

I really didn't no the wait time only that the entire q was full. But like i said the single rider line all the way.

I was there the 3rd and 4th, and with someone who had never been to Hershey. Fahrenheit was our first coaster, and they were assigning seats. We just happen to get front seat. I found the ride fun, but SO much vibration and bumpyness, it almost killed the ride. Storm Runner will always be the better one for me, and I think its soley based on how smooth it is in comparison. I haven't seen anyone else mention it anywhere else, did we just catch it on a bad couple of days? It was VERY rough, in the same vein Hydra is to most other B&Ms as I had to explain to Chris it was the exception for most Intamins, not the rule. Everything else was a blast though, we got every coaster at least once if not 2 or 3 times.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/564026671dSRwJq?vhost=good-times

/\ Pics from our trip.

I was there the 3rd and 4th, and with someone who had never been to Hershey. Fahrenheit was our first coaster, and they were assigning seats. We just happen to get front seat. I found the ride fun, but SO much vibration and bumpyness, it almost killed the ride. Storm Runner will always be the better one for me, and I think its soley based on how smooth it is in comparison. I haven't seen anyone else mention it anywhere else, did we just catch it on a bad couple of days? It was VERY rough, in the same vein Hydra is to most other B&Ms as I had to explain to Chris it was the exception for most Intamins, not the rule. Everything else was a blast though, we got every coaster at least once if not 2 or 3 times.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/564026671dSRwJq?vhost=good-times

/\ Pics from our trip.

Fahrenheit was rough? Really? to me it seemed as smooth as glass the 1x i rode it. did it break down at all when u where there?

It never broke down once, the only coaster to ever have any downtime was Roller Soaker, which was pretty much expected.

Fahrenheit was rough, not painful, just extremely heavy on vibration and just plain bumpy in other spots such as going into/coming out of the cobra roll.