TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best WDW restaurant w/ Dining plan

A good friend of mine just got back from WDW and noted how he thinks the dining plan had ruined Ohana. He said they brought out the skewers of meat 10-15 minutes after being seated and tried to rush them through as much as possible, most likely to squeeze in as many people as possible since it's on the dining plan.

And the potatoes are off the menu. That's just not right.

Kinda reminds me of HHN where they run a continuous line of people through the houses and yell at you for stopping to look around.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^&^ I don't think I'd blame that entirely on the Dining Plan, I mean you know nothing of what else was going on that day. Could have just been busy, could have been a bad waiter, etc.

We've eaten at Ohana SEVERAL times and it's always been hit or miss.

People on the dining plan were getting poor service under the old system. If you're a busy server are you going to give attention to the table with a guaranteed tip or the table where your tip depends on your performance?

And this is my main complaint about Ohana's. Two out of the three times I've been there the service has been horrible, and it's because it was a large party were the tip was going to be added to the check, so of course the waiter put in zero effort at our table. I now know to bring a bottle of water with me, as getting more than one glass here seems almost impossible.

I've never used the dining plan, and I'm not sure that I would. Seems like it gives a lot more food in the day than I'd normally eat. I'd have to sit down and really calculate whether or not it would save me any money. But I certainly do enjoy the more upscale restaurants at WDW.

dt

For us, we ate at a lot of places we might not normally been able to afford. We would have NEVER splurged at say Chefs de France and ordered an appetizer, entree and dessert if we were paying out of pocket! But with the dining plan, we gave it a try (and are going back this year to eat there again!)

We did not have any service problems last year, but maybe we got lucky.

Yes, it was a better deal last year and a lot more value for the money but we are still getting the dining plan again next month and looking forward to trying some more new restaurants!

When we had the dining plan I felt we got the best bang for our buck combined with a delicious meal at La Cellier and Kona Cafe.

Le Cellier is very difficult to get reservations at for this reason. The cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread are fantastic! If you get reservations right at when they open for lunch, they make all the employees sing the Canadian national anthem.

Singing the national anthem? I'm lucky I didn't work there! I'm french canadian from Quebec... While I don't think Quebec should separate, singing the national anthem most of my work days is a little too much!

Singing the national anthem? I'm lucky I didn't work there! I'm french canadian from Quebec... While I don't think Quebec should separate, singing the national anthem most of my work days is a little too much!

I think it's probably a pretty good place for a young person to work. Most of the checks are probably pretty large and people often tip well when they're on vacation. What's funny is at least one of their servers wasn't even from Canada.

When we had the dining plan I felt we got the best bang for our buck combined with a delicious meal at La Cellier and Kona Cafe. The food at Kona especially was fantastic and I feel that it is an overlooked place to eat.

Right on the money!!!!! Add Ohana and Lost trails and your there!

I have not tried the new meal plans but have used the old style three times. I saved every receipt and calculated the costs and saved over 35% two of the three times. With that being said, we would of never ate that much and actually had all of our snacks left on our last day. We used them in the gift shop at Port Orleans and were able to get any snack under $4.00.

On our last trip we purchased a 10 day no expireation ticket and only used 5 days. We have been told that they won't add the meal plan to this ticket so our next trip will be without the meal plan. This is a very poor choice for Disney because what they have done is gave me an out for staying on site. We our now looking for other options for our 10 day trip. The really sad part for Disney is even though we were only going to Disney parks 5 days we were going to stay for 10 days in one of their Moderate hotels as this would of made it much eaiser to go to the resturants on site for dinner. We are actually looking into Universals hotels now. If anybody works for Disney this is a definate thing to look at as you lost $160.00+ a day in food from my family and 10 days at a mod hotel. I'm sure were not the only family that has done this.