TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

I think that would be cool if ya'll went down there to check it out. I can't though since I have to walk up early. Me and a group of friends are going to the beach tomorrow to hang out otherwise I would. Be careful though, on the way back I-45 was at a dead hault by walmart. Cops had it blocked off and forcing everyone else on the feeder. I think there was an accident cause there was emergency vechiles flying by. But it should be cleared by then I would guess.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how reliable this is but while we were eating at salt grass we asked about the rollercoaster and the manager said that they were going to be test running it at 2am after everything closes. They are doing this to prevent bad publicity since the first test run failed and was on the internet. She also stated that they are going to start having advertisement next week. I do not know if this is radio or tv. She stated they plan on test running it 3 straight days and then open it if it goes well. I don't know how valid this is but I thought I would pass it on. When I got there tonight they were not working on it at all. I did not see a single person which I thought was weird. But the train was still sitting on the side walk so I don't know if they will be testing running early this morning like the lady said. I have my doubts. I guess we will find out later.

Not sure how true that is about a test run at 2am...you'd think they would have finished installing the anti-rollbacks on the third hill if they were planning for a test. It's pretty obvious the strip of them is just laying up there and not attached to anything. I can pretty much guarantee that if you ask several employees about the ride you will get a different story from each one. Not to mention I'm sure the neighbors would enjoy being woken up by a roller coaster at 2am....

I don't know how reliable this is but while we were eating at salt grass we asked about the rollercoaster and the manager said that they were going to be test running it at 2am after everything closes. They are doing this to prevent bad publicity since the first test run failed and was on the internet. She also stated that they are going to start having advertisement next week. I do not know if this is radio or tv. She stated they plan on test running it 3 straight days and then open it if it goes well. I don't know how valid this is but I thought I would pass it on. When I got there tonight they were not working on it at all. I did not see a single person which I thought was weird. But the train was still sitting on the side walk so I don't know if they will be testing running early this morning like the lady said. I have my doubts. I guess we will find out later.

Not sure how true that is about a test run at 2am...you'd think they would have finished installing the anti-rollbacks on the third hill if they were planning for a test. It's pretty obvious the strip of them is just laying up there and not attached to anything. I can pretty much guarantee that if you ask several employees about the ride you will get a different story from each one. Not to mention I'm sure the neighbors would enjoy being woken up by a roller coaster at 2am....

That's what I was thinking. I think the trains would atlease be back in the station if they were going to. After realizing they are installing antiroll backs too I am pretty sure this might have some truth but obviously not correct.

I heard Vlemicks crew already left... as in adios. Whoever is working now has to be Kemah rides-maintenance crew. The ones in blue colored work coveralls.

I seriously doubt the company building the ride would leave before it is running....

Not being mean but the past few days the people working on the ride are mexicans, Maybe locals. The crew building the structure might be gone.

I heard Vlemicks crew already left... as in adios. Whoever is working now has to be Kemah rides-maintenance crew. The ones in blue colored work coveralls.

I seriously doubt the company building the ride would leave before it is running....

Not being mean but the past few days the people working on the ride are mexicans, Maybe locals. The crew building the structure might be gone.

You are right. Vlemicks crew was comprised 1/2 mexican and 1/2 canadian nationals, with a few Americans. Possibly some of Vlemicks stayed behind to ensure a job complete and well done.

You are right. Vlemicks crew was comprised 1/2 mexican and 1/2 canadian nationals, with a few Americans. Possibly some of Vlemicks stayed behind to ensure a job complete and well done.

Your original post made it sound like everyone packed up and went home. I imagine a good portion of the construction crew is no longer needed (which were mostly local workers) but earlier today there were still a good dozen or so people working on the ride...defintely not Kemah maintenance people.

I'll show a couple we took then... Pretty much the same things Jason showed earlier...

Click thumbnails for full-size images...

it is a BEAUTIFUL coaster...

-Derek

This one of the best photos I've seen taken for a dusk shot! Congrats. I took your photo and auto-balanced the color and sharpened its resolution... oooooooooh maaaaaaaan ... a real beauty indeed.

Wow, that shot at dusk is amazing, what a great looking ride.

Thanks...but I cannot take credit...my wife Roxanne (aka fishermansgirl) is the photographer. She says 'thanks', by the way.

-Derek

I was out at Kemah today with out of town guests. When we left the lift chain was operational. Police cars were at the location. Ahhhhhh... another test run. Thanks to clouds in the background you can see the train once again on the same turnaround as last time, only this time stopped by anti-roll back track. Sigh....

865634014_Bullet18.jpg.791be91180db0d949f52dd31eb697a64.jpg

Anti-roll back works

^ Will they have to use a crain to move it or something else?

The wife and I spoke with one of the hispanic workers. He told us that a crane would be used to take it (2nd train) off the track. He also mentioned that they were going to make a 1/4 inch (I guess under and not over correcting) widening adjustment of the track right there where it stopped. He said the time that it should take for bullet to leave the lift hill and reach the 3rd hill should only be 16 seconds. It was so hot and humid out there he was sweating up a storm. His last comment to us was, "We're fixing to have a meeting."

I don't think they'd use a crane to lift the train off the track at that point...that would seem kind of dangerous considering not all of the cars are being held by the anti-rollbacks. I would figure the purpose of the anti-rollbacks would be to stop the train and then be able to pull the train over the hill and see if it finished the ride (which it should). If they were just going to be removing it with a crane, it would be much easier to get it from the spot they did last time.