TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Xibalba

Project Name: Mya

Story:

An excentric Invertor / explorer has invented a new type of hovering machine in which he plans to explore harsh terrains in. You are his test dumbies. Taking you on an expedition to Peru into the heart of a jungle ridden area filled with a number of ancient Mayan temples he planned to test the machine out exploring the regions temples in search of the great Cuzco's treasure, and also to find out more about the legendary 'Rapa' creatures.

Unfortunately, the maiden flight goes horrifically wrong when the train falls into a trap and gets blasted out of the large temple, while the explorers desperatly tried to control the machine as it raged through the jungle narrowly missing rocks, columns and tunnels.

Finally managing to regain the machine, the explorers find themselves in the forbidden Rapa's temple, which was cursed by the legendary creatures themselves. Feeling the uneasy feeling of being watched, the vehicle and explorers foolishly advanced further into the temple, causing the curse to instigate apon its victims, hurtling the train forwards at breakneck speeds!

Welcome to Xibalba. You are about to become the twelve explorers on that original terrifying trip.

Description:

Xibalba is the main attraction in the parks hugely immersive new Mayan themed area 'ElDorado Ruins'. The second Tera coaster in the world, Xibalba features a 95 degree past vertical drop, along with a massive LIM launch, a number of inversions, extreme ejector airtime, and close calls with trees, caves, temples and the monorail.

The new area is home to the new 'El Dorado' Restaurant and a number of huge temples and jungle foliage. Great views of the area can be seen from the parks monorail, which passes through the new ride.

The coaster has partically been constructed by hand, and partially by AHG. All supports hand made along with all of the 3d scenery, which was created using the Object Creator. The track pretty much passes the tunnel test, using the old style steel tunnels, except for a few exceptions in areas in the station etc. Please dont mark down for these

Ride Stats:

Height -110 feet

Speed - 66 mph

Length - 4093 feet

Inversions: 2

- Inline Twist

- Immelman (110ft)

- 4 Overbanked turns

- 3 Ejector Airtime hills

G Force: 5.2G's

Cost - $24,000,000

More pictures can be found here: http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p3524

Thanks to:

Tia - Object Creator and all textures used from it

Richard, Ed & Danny - Ideas and putting up with me.

Copyright 2007 - André Northan

Enjoy Your Ride!

-Download-

Xibalba #Crazy Coaster#.nlpack

Download it nooow =)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just downloaded the Track Packager to ride this, but it isn't working.

EDIT: Never mind I got it to work.

That ride was AMAZING! Best NL coaster I've ridden. The scenery/concept was really awesome too. How long did this take? Xibalba is such a fitting name for this coaster!

It took about 6 months, from start to finish, but that was while juggling a busy social and work life.

Xibalba is actually sposed to be pronounced 'She-bahl-bah' for anyone whos wondering, and its the name of the mayan underworld. The coaster was inspired by maverick, hence all the references to it and the similar layout, and the theming was inspired by the old film 'Road to Eldorado' if anyones watched it.

O_O

That is a seriously outstanding ride. It blew my mind. I have no doubts that if it were real, it would be number one in the world. Honestly, this coaster made me want to die in hopes that I would be reincarnated as you.

HAHAHAH. ^

So true. : ]

Amazingly great coaster. I actually got lost waiting in line since it was not wait. =] I thought the trackwork was 90%. I thought a couple of parts were a little bit pumpy, but nothing major or even close, just a couple tiny parts. Scenery, AMAZING! I loved the tunnel launch. It actually had the effect of the room lighting up. That was awesome. From beginning to end, I just had a smile on my face thinking to myself. . . . =]

Great job. What's next on the NL agenda?

• 3 weeks later...

OMG OMG OMG I have finally got No Limits Track Pakager to work! I love the coaster. It is great. And the atention to detail is simply amazing. You had time to make cafe's and the photo shop! Even the controll tower. Just amazing. Well done!