TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Planning a trip to SFGAdv on 5/18...

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it depends on how bad it actually rains... If it pours all rides will be closed... Regular amount of rain usually all the beemers are open and lite rains only kingda ka closes... But tht was how they did it last year!!! So i dunno if they changed anything... but dont plan on getting everything done!!!

well KK wont open just cause of the wind... Nitro and ET may close depending on how hard it rains, you know what i mean??? if its a half inch all day prolly not... But if its a half inch an hour i wouldnt bother going... but nitro is usually open... same with et hit the ones you wanna get done FIRST.. otherwise ull wait forever!!!

I would wait till the last second to see if the weather forecast changes. If not, I wouldn't take the chance of going and having El Toro closed, but that just me.

Edit: Forget what I said, you probably already made your decision, since the park opens in an hour.

• 9 months later...

Sorry for the late (extremely late) response, but I did go and I got to ride everything. I almost didn't get to ride Nitro, though. The ride experienced a technical mishap right when I was standing behind the gate to the trains, but the ride was fixed soon enough and I got to go on. The lines weren't bad, but there were a lot of school kids which defeated the purpose of going in the middle of May. Overall, the park is a LOT better than SFNE. I especially enjoyed El Toro because of the airtime. This year I'll be going to Cedar Point and King's Island and I'll definitely make sure NOT to go on a Friday again.

I didn't realize they had school trips in mid May (thought they were mostly in June). I hope at least of the beginning of daily opeartions this year, it will be empty, since I was planning on going a lot then.

^ I'm going for the first time as well. I'll be going the first week in June. If you go that early, I don't think everything can be done in one day because the park closes at 6:00 pm, which I thought was kind of stupid for June already, but whatever. I decided to go multiple days and, instead of buying multiple tickets, just bought a season pass. It's cheaper that way. The only thing that's going to suck is the $15 parking every time I go. Also, I plan on NOT buying any Flash Passes or a Q-Bot.

^ I'm going for the first time as well. I'll be going the first week in June. If you go that early, I don't think everything can be done in one day because the park closes at 6:00 pm, which I thought was kind of stupid for June already, but whatever. I decided to go multiple days and, instead of buying multiple tickets, just bought a season pass. It's cheaper that way. The only thing that's going to suck is the $15 parking every time I go. Also, I plan on NOT buying any Flash Passes or a Q-Bot.

Well, I plan on going sometime in August. We plan on hitting Drorney and SFGA in 2 days then headed to Wildwood NJ. Damn 15$ if pretty steep for parking.

Yeah $15 is bad, $25 for preferred is worse but it's not as bad as it used to be in comparison (since I plan to go at least 3 times this year, I'm going to pay the $45 for a parking pass). Dorney is $10 for parking (up from $8 in 2006) and unless you can find a metered spot at Wildwood, parking will be around $10 there as well. I don't know if they plan to have it in 2008 or not but at Morey's on Tuesday during the summer, they usually have a great deal on wristbands (amusement rides only), in 2006 it was $19 instead of I think $41 or $43.

Yeah $15 is bad, $25 for preferred is worse but it's not as bad as it used to be in comparison (since I plan to go at least 3 times this year, I'm going to pay the $45 for a parking pass). Dorney is $10 for parking (up from $8 in 2006) and unless you can find a metered spot at Wildwood, parking will be around $10 there as well. I don't know if they plan to have it in 2008 or not but at Morey's on Tuesday during the summer, they usually have a great deal on wristbands (amusement rides only), in 2006 it was $19 instead of I think $41 or $43.

Those SF parking passes, are they also valid at all SF parks (similar to the normal season pass) ? So iow, if I buy a parking pass at SFKK, will that also be valid at SFGAdv and SFA ?

Supposedly, but I don't know for sure since I bought a new SP and didn't have the option to add parking but some people on GADV.com, claimed the parking pass is valid for all parks.

I think SFKK is the exception though because it's not a SF owned parking lots (something about fairground people owning it), so the SF parking pass won't work there and I guess they don't sell a SF parking pass.