TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Nicole does Darien Lake

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The park is nice, but there is not much to do there. It is also set up kind of weird, with lots of twisting paths and no central anything. The layout is really haphazard.

The whole time Christine and I were like "They should tear this down and build a coaster" about everything we saw.

With some work, I think it could be a good park, but I don't know if I can see this happening due to its weird location in the middle of farm country.

This is a really cool PTR!

It appears that Darien Lake is just the same as last year, minus the Flags....and the Six.

I've never understood why Viper is Darien's only coaster that can run two trains consistantly and efficiently. It's almost always got two trains on the track, and the stacking is minimal (at least when compared to the other coasters), and thanks to this, there is like never a wait (re-rides!).

Sure, the ROS/ME/Predator run two trains once in a while, but it seems to be on completely random days, and hardly ever all at the same time.

Add some major stacking and break-downs, and they might as well just have run one train to begin with.

Awww! That first picture you look ready to burst into tears. I hope you tucked it neatly away inside your bra. That way he could be closer to your heart...

...or his face could cop a feel.

Whatever.

Awesome TR! Looks like you had a great time. I am hoping to get up to DL this year if I do my gig in Boston again. Time will tell.

DArien Lake has been my home park like forever. Park looks clean as ever. I agree that the predator has rubbed off on the coaster formely known as superman Well let's hope Darien will see brighter days ahead. I think Darien is just a little misunderstood that's all

S:ROS was bad? I've never ridden one but I always thought they were really well liked coasters. Btw, are all of them clones?

The ones at Darien Lake and Six Flags America are the same to the T, but the one at Six Flags New England is a one of a kind Intamin God and prob. wont ever be copied by Six Flags. Being they are cutting back on those kind of things lol, I know a theme park cutting back on roller coasters wtf

Hey Nicole! Thanks for sharing the TR and photos, they were fun. (Though sorry for the laaate reply here) lol

I've never been to any of the Six Flags parks that have a Ride of Steel yet so I don't know how bad it is, but they look pretty fun to me

-Justin

^Some say Darien's version of the ride is the worst.

I don't know if I agree on that or not. I've only been on the SFA version once, but I really didn't find too many differences, other than Darien's having a much nicer setting but SFA's being more fun at night due to the area being pitch black.

I thought they both rattled alot.

^Some say Darien's version of the ride is the worst.

I don't know if I agree on that or not. I've only been on the SFA version once, but I really didn't find too many differences, other than Darien's having a much nicer setting but SFA's being more fun at night due to the area being pitch black.

I thought they both rattled alot.

I liked Darien Lake's version... it's certainly no SFNE version but it was still fun. I don't remember it being vibraty or rough, either. I haven't been on SFA's so I can't compare, though.