TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"YourDay" - A DVD Souvenir of YOU at a theme park!

The new 'DVD of your day' is going to be available at Alton Towers from April 2007. Using the latest capture technology, guests will be able to choose from single-ride DVD's to a double-disc set, with prices from £4.99 to £19.99. I think I am correct in saying this is a 'Worlds-First' souvenir? (correct me if i'm wrong!)

You can check out the promotional video from YourDay now at the following web url. It shows off Alton Towers at its very best, and certainly makes it look fantastic! The music quality appears to be balanced incorrectly, but i'm sure you'll agree it looks good!

http://www.yourdayvideo.com/

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are right. This is a world's first. Alton Towers is the first to install this video capture system... You will be filmed (I guess while wearing a badge with a code - or something like that) and at the end of the day you can have the DVD with you on rides and in the park....

At the Euro Amusement Show there was another company offering a similar product. They have already installed the system in a Dutch waterpark and a museum. So i guess Alton will be the first theme park but it won't be the first installation of it's type.

This company uses an RFID bracelet to trace your movements. You can then either buy a DVD or download the video off the net. They suggest boosting the duration of the DVD with stock footage such as helicopter aerials.

The price seems quite reasonable. £4.99 for a single ride video is being banded about, which, when you consider an on-ride photo is also £4.99, is very reasonable.

The cameras that have been placed around the park do look, in certain cases, hideous however. Rita's loading platform now has a mass of white capture devices on the right hand side.

I've always thought it would really cool if you could fix a camera onto glasses or something and record your entire day, like a full VTR with completely safe and stress-free POVs, but that won't happen.

I guess this is the next best thing.