TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Shipwrecked @ The Queen Mary

This is not really a theme park thread but has anyone done the Haunted Houses on the Queen Mary for Halloween?

ADMIN EDIT: Translated this post into English, fixed spelling errors, and made the title something that people might actually click on. Please try to create better quality posts! Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's themed entertainment, seems like this is as good a place as any.

Monica, Guy, and I went this year. All in all is was just alright. Shipwrecked did have some things going for it. For one the mazes followed a logical progression. The next one would start right about where the last one ended. This meant we could skip the first one and stay a bit ahead of the crowd.

It also meant everybody else was doing the same thing and there really never was an out of the way walkthrough with little to no crowds.

The mazes in the ship were really well done, the ship gives them much to work with and they actually were pretty creepy.

The mazes outside were tragic though. Very little else than painted flats and neon paint. Although some did offer multiple pathways which I thought was pretty innovative, while not really offering much in the way of any different experience. They didn't charge for 3-D glasses though!

Once on the ship a few of the mazes were broken up with a dance boogie marathon rave going on. The kids seemed to enjoy it. The music was VERY loud, there was hardly any ventilation, and the pathways wern't signed very well at all.

However it was a fairly interesting ship crawl. We were there on a saturday and the event was PACKED but we were still able to make our way through nearly everything and duck out a little early.

I'd recommend it if you have extra time during Halloween. I went to Haunt at Knotts 6 times this year so taking a night off to go to the Queen Mary was totally doable.

We stayed at the ship that night which was pretty cool, the sunday brunch was fantastic!

Still I'll probably not go back for a while, if ever. I'm glad I went to check it out but I don't live in the LA area so I think I'll be spending most of my october time at Knotts or the DLR. If you live in the area by all means check it out, just arrive early if you're going on a weekend!

Quick story, I was being a tool and wore my Haunt t-shirt that night. One of the sliders at the entrance to the ship saw it and flipped me off. I said, "You're really gonna love this then" and showed him my haunt tattoo. He gave me a dap and asked how long I'd worked at Knotts.

I told him that I'd never worked there and he goes "What kind of $*** is that!" and got all offended.

Whaa...the slider at the Queen Mary got all butthurt that I didn't seem to appreciate how holy the "Haunt Brotherhood of those who slide on stuff" is. He was the one smoking a cigarette instead of scaring folks! Dork.

-Don