TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags WhiteWater (Atlanta) mini-Trip Report...

Took the family up to Atlanta for a last hurrah before school starts back. Visited Six Flags WhiteWater Water park last Thursday. On a previous visit two years ago, I was not very impressed with how the attraction were "run" since Six Flags took over WhiteWater....employees had developed the infamous "I'm 16, this is just a summer job, I'm bored and don't give a rip" attitude. I found this to be much improved, except for some of the food service employees.

This is a great waterpark. I really love the slides which run through the trees. Also, it's hard to beat tree-shaded cue lines.

Loved Loved Loved the Tornado (the big funnel). The drop into the funnel is as good as any drop on a coaster. Only thing wrong with the Tornado is the short ride. The lines actually moved pretty good for this ride.

The line for the Bahama Bob family ride moved really slow....I think the hold up for this ride is getting people out of the raft's at the bottom...if they could come up with a way to get the raft out of the way quicker, they could send rafts out more quickly.

TORNADO

Gulf Screamer

Racer slides

Lizard Tale slide

Ragin' Rapid slide

Pretty terrain for a water park.

Dislikes:

$8 to park ("Does this include washing and waxing my car?

$3.48 for a 20 ounce Coke. It must really be difficult to ship in the soft drinks to such an out of the way locale as ATLANTA!

$4.45 for a teeny-tiny bowl of Dippin Dots!

$10 for a locker, but they do give you a dollar back (wow) when you turn in your key. I thought about just keeping the key, just so they have to make a new one.

This is a really nice park....they just need to spend a little $$ on paint and general upkeep...need to sweat the details a little more.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dislikes:

$3.48 for a 20 ounce Coke. It must really be difficult to ship in the soft drinks to such an out of the way locale as ATLANTA!

Hooray Holiday World. Not so great waterpark, but unlimited drinks included.

$4.45 for a teeny-tiny bowl of Dippin Dots!

Yes, but the information you can get here is priceless.

$10 for a locker, but they do give you a dollar back (wow) when you turn in your key. I thought about just keeping the key, just so they have to make a new one.

Yeah, stick it to the man next time! Just call your key a rare souvenir.

How is it that I have never been to Whitewater yet?

Glad you had a good day, hope everyone in the family enjoyed it.

Yeah... and an inflated cost of admission to cover the drinks...

Not a waterpark person?

To be fair, I don't seek out waterparks either, I'll do them if included but not so much the seperate entities. Though I must say I have always been pleased with White Water.

Glad you had a good day, hope everyone in the family enjoyed it.

Yeah... and an inflated cost of admission to cover the drinks...

Not a waterpark person?

To be fair, I don't seek out waterparks either, I'll do them if included but not so much the seperate entities. Though I must say I have always been pleased with White Water.

Well, had we paid for each drink individually based on what almost any other park charges, it probably would've at least equaled the cost of admission. Remember Joe, you visited on an overcast, and much cooler day than we did. You really learn to appreciate the Pepsi Oasis when the sun is beating down on you. And I still contend that HW's admission is very reasonable for all that it offers, even though I sense a curious trend among some in here to dispute the park's lofty status. Anyway, we'll always disagree on this one, so no need to get too far off subject I guess.

And I actually really enjoy waterparks. That's why I can't figure out what's taken us so long to get down to Whitewater.

^^^ And I'll never appreciate Carrabba's either. So there!!

In all seriousness, I've always been amazed at people who are that particular about the different soft drink companies. Not that there's anything wrong with it. I've just always been one who thinks a soft drink is a soft drink is a soft drink. They're so similiar to me, that the subtle differences never matter when I'm thirsty enough to drink 'em.

As far as HW goes, I was more impressed that they offered Gatorade than anything else. I knew that the typical Pepsi drinks were prominent, but I drank more Gatorade than anything else. And that definitely helped in the heat.