[RCT3] Crystal Arcade 1970 - 31st September (Last Day)

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: [RCT3] Crystal Arcade: 1965 - One Big Seasson

Postby grrt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:03 pm

This is one of those parks I've been very undecided about. All the pieces are here, but there's little sloppy things that prevent it from getting up to that next level. On Coaster, there's many areas where supports stick through the track, and the basic vertical construction you have for the supports seems a little odd. I don't think they'd have such thick supports, nor as many of them. Mister Twister, it looks great, but your custom supports have some flaws. The biggest is that you used the huge 30mm thickness for all of them, on a coaster which according to its size, should be using primarily 20mm beams, as it's not large enough to warrant 'beefed up' supports. You can use some of the thicker supports, but I wouldn't recommend it on bents and horizontals. I'd use them for your vertical supports primarily. I'd say something similar for your other two wooden coasters, They are all the exact same monotone brown. Don't be afraid to use some color! White works for supports, so does the tan brown. You can use different rail colors. It's subtle things that make or a break a park. Your architecture looks nice, though again, it lacks color and uses the same dark brown. You've made efforts to put in different terrain textures, but you have both extremes. You have areas of lots of grass, and areas with excessive dirt. Blend the areas together and don't forget rock textures in high sloping areas or areas where land has been considerably mangled. And don't forget foliage around your path edges. You've got it in a lot of places, but clean it up a bit. A lot of the in game foliage feels kind of dead but overgrown. Organized planters can still use in game foliage, such as you have in picture 8. But like in picture 6, the area just feels rather dead and uninviting. And last thing, turn up your graphics! I'm sure your computer can handle some sort of anti-aliasing or shadows. Just go to options and adjust it to max before taking pictures.

The park has got some really good points to it. Though they just need some touching up to have me convinced. ;) You're doing great, just don't forget about your aesthetics.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby CoasterLine » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Also, you have a typo on your sign... it should be "Flying Turns" not "Flying Trurns" correct? :p
Shaun Rajewski
Founder, Lead Developer
Epic WebStudios, LLC.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby jakecallan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:09 am

grrt wrote: the basic vertical construction you have for the supports seems a little odd. I don't think they'd have such thick supports, nor as many of them. Mister Twister, it looks great, but your custom supports have some flaws. The biggest is that you used the huge 30mm thickness for all of them, on a coaster which according to its size, should be using primarily 20mm beams, as it's not large enough to warrant 'beefed up' supports. You can use some of the thicker supports, but I wouldn't recommend it on bents and horizontals. I'd use them for your vertical supports primarily.

Like i said Mister Twister was quite an experimental ride which has taught me a lot of coaster building lessons, i will also try to take your advice on board when it comes to the next time i build a wooden coaster.

grrt wrote:On Coaster, there's many areas where supports stick through the track, and the basic vertical construction you have for the supports seems a little odd.

With Coaster i used Steel Jungle v1, unfortunately those are the thinnest supports i have, also with the coaster track type it is very hard to make the supports look connected to the track without the going through.

grrt wrote:I'd say something similar for your other two wooden coasters, They are all the exact same monotone brown. Don't be afraid to use some color! White works for supports, so does the tan brown. You can use different rail colors. It's subtle things that make or a break a park. Your architecture looks nice, though again, it lacks color and uses the same dark brown.

With the whole color thing i was going for a sort of themed area with those 3 roller coasters, when the park expands you should see a lot of different color for rides and buildings. I am glad you like my architecture as i really do struggle to get a building to look nice.
grrt wrote:You've made efforts to put in different terrain textures, but you have both extremes. You have areas of lots of grass, and areas with excessive dirt. Blend the areas together and don't forget rock textures in high sloping areas or areas where land has been considerably mangled. And don't forget foliage around your path edges. You've got it in a lot of places, but clean it up a bit. A lot of the in game foliage feels kind of dead but overgrown. Organized planters can still use in game foliage, such as you have in picture 8. But like in picture 6, the area just feels rather dead and uninviting.

I will defiantly have ago at improving the foliage around the park, again its something i really do struggle to make look nice.
grrt wrote:And last thing, turn up your graphics! I'm sure your computer can handle some sort of anti-aliasing or shadows. Just go to options and adjust it to max before taking pictures.

Sorted.

Thanks for the criticism, as a big fan of East Side Lagoon it is really great to hear it from you. as it is from everyone else who leaves comments on Crystal Arcade thanks a lot. I know everyone says it but hearing your opinions on my park really does help me improve, Crystal Arcade is a massive learning curve for me in the world of RCT and i only hope to improve on my skills.

Postby grrt » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Any time! As for your support issues, you may want to use Moby's Framework set and ues a box structure instead. And a solution to your problem may be to locate some flanges. CPcisco made a huge expansion set with every possible height and slope of flanges and such you can think of. A worthy investment to clean up the ride.

Postby jakecallan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:59 am

Once again guys I’d like to thank you all for your kind words and feedback to Crystal Arcade, in return i promise to continue expanding and attempting making Crystal Arcade one of the most exciting places in the world of RCT3. I still have some massive plans to come as the park grows that I’m sure all of you will enjoy.

Cheers, Jake
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 7th April 1965
After the opening of Mister Twister and Music cafe I decided to give the park a rest as both new attractions were really raking in the crowds, today however after getting in touch with Bob he invited me around the park just before it had opened to get some pictures.
The park doesn’t open for a few hours yet all these cars are here early to avoid the long lines for Mister Twister.
Here is the entrance to one of my favorite places in the world!
There was an amazing sky for these morning shots.
Food Barn preparing for a very busy day.
Helter Skelter now has a sign outside its entrance.
I hope Ferris Wheel never leaves us.
Bob took me to some very exclusive spots in the park; this is Mine Ride in case you were wondering.
The sign post is in the process of being changed. (Thanks for pointing that out CoasterLine)
I am starting to like the entrance to Flying Turns now.
Im not to sure why they have put a windmill in the middle of Mister Twister, Bob just said it looked cool.
This is where i buy my food from at Crystal Arcade.
Bob to me back behind the park to a big hill; I was able to get this really cool shot.

Bob later took me into the maintenance to have a look out around and what they have planned for the next couple of years, i really can’t say much as i was told not to. There really are some exciting things in store maybe not next year but a few years down the line.

Signing off, James

Re: [RCT3] Crystal Arcade: 1965 - A VIP Look At CA

Postby jakecallan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:56 am

1st August 1965
Welcome to my Second addition to my annual news letter, I have some very disappointing news for many Crystal Arcade lovers. Recently we have run into some serious money issues, this is down to my very silly financial planning and not listening to Paul as much as I should have. Basically what has happened is we are in large debt to the bank and have to sell some assets to cover for it.

Our first casualty is Coaster; we didn’t want to lose Coaster first. Yet we received an amazing offer from a local business man who had found out we were selling rides. I’m not sure what he will do with it, i would say sell for scrap metal but there is no way he would get any profit out of that. With great regret I show you Coasters de-construction.
This was taken a few weeks ago.
Was a horrible sight to witness, something i had built was now going to end up somewhere else, it’s like losing a child.
This was a picture I got today; these are the last two pieces to go.

On a brighter note the money received for Coaster has helped us pay off all our debts and we should be set to complete the remaining season, I hope to see you guys down at Crystal Arcade soon!
Cheers, Bob Crystal

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: [RCT3] Crystal Arcade: 1965 - Coaster Has Left CA

Postby donkeyman18 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:22 pm

I started doubting this park but now have grown on it fabulous job!!
Coaster count- 232 48 Wood 183 Steel. 3 Water

Postby coastercrazy 9 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 am

This park just gets more and more promising, and I can't wait to see what's next. You really know how to tell a story!
I won't stop riding roller coasters when I get old. I'll get old when I stop riding roller coasters!

Image\

Do You Like Music? Do You Like Roller Coasters? Click Here for Six Flags Great AdventureClick Here For Hershey Park!Click Here For SFGAdv Fright Fest 2012!*New
For some Winter fun, click here, for My New Snowboarding Music Videos!

Postby jakecallan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:13 pm

31st August 1965
Hello again, James here. Sorry for no recent updates I have had some very exciting stuff going on in my life, however I shall not bore you with my own doings and instead I shall bring you the next chapter to the Crystal Arcade story. So I decided to hit Crystal Arcade tonight. I love going to Crystal Arcade when its dark, is it just me or do all the rides seem faster?
I love a lit up entrance.
There is a great atmosphere about the place at night.
See what I mean?
I think other guests also love seeing Crystal Arcade lit up.
Queues were very long, didn’t bother me nothing will stop me from getting a night ride on Mine Ride.
When will that new sign be put in?
What do you guys think of Flying Turns new entrance? I personally really like it.
I really like the Music Cafe midway, even more so when it’s all lit up and looking pretty.

Thanks for joining me on the last day of Crystal Arcades 6th season. As far as new rides go I’m not expecting anything for 1966, although I feel a filler attraction to replace coaster would do no harm.

Signing off, James

Re: [RCT3] Crystal Arcade: 1965 - End Of Another Year

Postby jakecallan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Hey guys I have some good and bad news,
First off the bad news my computer’s hard drive was completely wiped of all its files the other week because of a virus this means that I lost all of my RCT3 files, however I have spent the last week re-installing custom scenery files.

Regarding the good news I will re-make Crystal Arcade so the story can continue, I am going to bring it to 2008 though so it will be a lot bigger and a lot more modern. This will take a couple of weeks to make so don’t expect many updates anytime soon. Once again I am really sorry but I hope you will all enjoy Crystal Arcade V2.
Here is a little of what to expect.

Cheers, Jake

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness