TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

JRCT3's Coaster Portfolio

Name: Mega-Sky-Loop

Park: Happy Valley Singapore

Manufacturer: Maurer Sohne

Inversions: 7

Trains: 3 trains, 2 cars per train, 3 rows of 2 per car. 12 riders per train

Capacity: Dispatch every 50 seconds = 864 riders per hour.

The ride begins with a 36.6 meter vertical lift.

With only a 22 X 90.5 meter footprint, Mega-Sky-Loop easily fits in almost any location.

The overbanked Immelman turn provides a unique experience.

High-speed inversions mixed with hang-time inversions, there are many different elements to be experienced on Mega-Sky-Loop.

The coaster starts out with three continuous rolling inversions...

...and graducally picks up speed, up to 50 M.P.H. Creating a high-speed finale.

Mega-Sky-Loop utilizes it's small footprint. Maximizing on thrills with over 500 meters of track!

Next up, working with Gerstlauer on a new family coaster for Japan!

Edited by JonnyRCT3

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

A little change of pace with this update.

GhostRider RMC Iron Horse conversion.

This is a WORK IN PROGRESS

(however, all the Gs are in check)

14650334823_c306eeee1e_o.jpg

37.5 meters tall, 1058.9 meters long, 2 inversions, 77° drop, 58 mph, +4 Gs max.

14444008587_7fdd22d5a3_o.jpg

First turnaround section has a 90° banked camelback followed by a banked u-turn into a barrel roll off the plateau.

14628301054_07edf0f50a_o.jpg

13 moments of airtime. Ranging from -0.8 to -0.3

WIP POV.

Nice! I think I read that you were working on Iron Mean Streak in a different thread...or maybe I'm confusing you with someone else?

Yes, I was working on an Iron Horse Mean Streak a while back, that project has been put on hold.

Looks good but quick question, Why are you still using NL1? But Ya it Looks amazing!

I've yet to find the time or money to bother with NL2. NL1 works fine, as it does everything I need it to do. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

A new coaster is in development. But unlike the previous designs, this was created using the old school pencil & paper method. No complex computer software like no limits & newton. Just physics and calculus. I've spent hours upon hours of time calculating all the forces, velocity and angles. All done, and learnt by myself. Here is just one of the dozens of papers I've used for my calculations.

14980969171_ef012d6fe7_z.jpg

This paper is all the calculations for a valley at the bottom of a hill. This is only a small preview of what's to come.

• 4 weeks later...
A new coaster is in development. But unlike the previous designs, this was created using the old school pencil & paper method. No complex computer software like no limits & newton. Just physics and calculus. I've spent hours upon hours of time calculating all the forces, velocity and angles. All done, and learnt by myself. Here is just one of the dozens of papers I've used for my calculations.

14980969171_ef012d6fe7_z.jpg

This paper is all the calculations for a valley at the bottom of a hill. This is only a small preview of what's to come.

Oh my God....

I'm sorry, but math is THE DEVIL.