TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Problem posting to Facebook

WFChris

So I cannot comment or 'like' any TPR posts anymore. Do you have any idea what happened? Was I naughty at some point and said something I shouldn't have? Please let me know as I enjoy interacting with the masses over there somewhat as much as I enjoy it here. Thanks.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea. I didn't ban you and our moderators would only ban someone if they had to remove a comment from someone being kind of obnoxious. Because Facebook breeds a LOT more abrasive people than the forums do, and we have little control over the members there, do you remember if you said something snarky or rude at all? That's pretty much the ONLY reason why someone wouldn't be allowed to post on our page anymore.

I've been having the same problem for awhile. I never typically post on the TPR page but I do wish I could like your photos and stuff so that they could show up on my page. It shows TPR is still liked for me but I can't comment on or like your posts, only share them.

Like I said, I'm sure it may have been something questionable that was posted. Like I banned a bunch of Californians the other day for being obnoxious towards my "Peoplemover" post. Stuff like that I'm just not going to tolerate on our Facebook page. If you can't play nice, you won't be allowed to play.

The last thing I remember posting was exactly what you're referring to... a picture reply of Mr Toads Wild Ride to a 'How ya doin, Disneyland?' People Mover picture. That could have definitely been it? I thought it was in good humor, that being said I'll be on good behavior from here on out.

^ Oh, that was you? Yeah, I banned you for that! lol Sorry, but I kind of use those jokes to weed out some of the annoying California Disney fanboys from our Facebook page! They are such an easy target!

On an more educational note, the majority of WDW visitors don't "miss" rides like they do in California, since 90% of the WDW visitors are either "first time" or "one time in many years" visitors, so there isn't quite as much nostalgia for attractions. I guarantee very few people that visit the Magic Kingdom every day even know there was a Mr. Toads Wild Ride there.

Edited by robbalvey

• 4 months later...

You are showing up on the banned list but I have no way of seeing what it was that caused that to happen. Are you sure you didn't say something rude/snarky on there? Robb doesn't just ban someone for the fun of it, so there must of been something.

Robb is in Japan right now, so he doesn't have much time to check into this sort of thing, but I will be sure he sees this and if you agree to not be a problem in the future, we might let you post on there again.

You are showing up on the banned list but I have no way of seeing what it was that caused that to happen. Are you sure you didn't say something rude/snarky on there? Robb doesn't just ban someone for the fun of it, so there must of been something.

Robb is in Japan right now, so he doesn't have much time to check into this sort of thing, but I will be sure he sees this and if you agree to not be a problem in the future, we might let you post on there again.

Definitely not. Though if I had, it seems surprising he'd ban a brand advocate and potential customer on a site where for years he's plastered disclaimers about needing a sense of humor and not being too sensitive about things. Japan is actually one of the itineraries we were seriously looking at for next year (or Germany), which is why I've only just made an account after lurking for about a decade.

So, you are saying if you had said something rude on the Facebook page, it is okay because you are a potential customer???

This isn't Amazon, this is Robb's personal website. You read the site's disclaimer okay, but you seemed to have missed the one of the Facebook page:

PS. You need a sense of humor to view our website and Facebook page. Those easily offended should run away!

We totally reserve the right to make fun of you if you post something dumb to our Facebook page. If you're rude to us, we'll be rude right back to you. Just because you have a Facebook account doesn't give you the right to say whatever you want to on another Facebook page.

Treat us with respect, and we will do the same to you. Treat us like crap, and we'll absolutely do the same to you, and most likely have a lot of fun while doing it!

We respect everyone's opinions, even if they are different from our own, but if you are going to be a jerk to us or our other members, you'll probably end up banned from our page. There is a right and a wrong way to present your opinion. Be cool, present good discussions, and everything will be fine!

Thank you for your support! We love our members and their passion for theme parks and roller coasters! But we want to encourage you all to HAVE FUN!!! It's not always about counting the bolts or knowing every single fact about rides (although that does help in our iPhone Trivia App), so just remember to throw your hands up in the air, scream like a little girl, and have a GREAT TIME!!!

--Robb

Judging by your last post, I am sure you said something that was well deserving of being banned from the Facebook page, so your ban will continue.

So, you are saying if you had said something rude on the Facebook page, it is okay because you are a potential customer???

Nope, that's not at all what I'm saying. *facepalm*

The only things I posted on the Facebook page were some links to some roller coaster news I had found.

Also, not a potential customer. This is juvenile.

Nope, that's not at all what I'm saying. *facepalm*

The only things I posted on the Facebook page were some links to some roller coaster news I had found.

Also, not a potential customer. This is juvenile.

You were probably banned because you posted links to our Facebook page to other articles. I thought you were spamming our page. How am I supposed to know any different? It looked like spam to me.

And I'm gonna be honest, as much as I appreciate you following the site, it's really not cool to come on here and tell us how we should run our site and facebook page, or be giving one of our moderators attitude who is only trying to help.

Please see it from our perspective... we're trying to run our social media with links promoting our content and someone that I don't know who they are starts posting links to other stuff.

What am I supposed to think?

Edited by robbalvey

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Robb & ernie ...

Might as well get me checked out as well - Drew King (easy to spot as my display pic is that of a white tiger) hence my online nickname AuSSiETiG3R

Love the posts, whenever something gets posted up I'm always checking my FB as to what it is and always looking forward to the next one .. I've always have respect for your site and am not here to cause trouble though ..

Awesome 5 star work on the Blu-Ray DVD's by the way - popped one on my DVD player soon as I got them, cursing myself I don't have a surround sound system because it would have completely rocked! (but hey that's just me )

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Can you please take a look for me too, name matches my username here.

I know I haven't posted any spam, certainly haven't been involved in any arguments or been rude to anyone, just noticed when I went to comment on the pictures of that amazing new wooden coaster in Texas that I couldn't say anything.

I'm not a member of any other coaster sites, I "LIKED" your page because your videos are all outrageously good quality and I love keeping up to date with coasters around the planet I've never heard of. I know that with 37,000+ people on you page moderating it must get pretty busy sometimes so I'm pretty sure my name must have been added to the banned list by accident.

Best regards,

~Steve

(I sent a message last week I think to the e-mail us contact information link here but not sure if this method is faster)

^^I couldn't find your name but it is very difficult since Facebook has no search function for the banned list.

^I did find yours. Do you remember the last time you posted to the Facebook page? It is nearly impossible for me to find what led to your banning amongst all the comments and posts. Robb is still away on the Texas/Midwest trip so it will be up to his discretion rather to unban you.

^^I couldn't find your name but it is very difficult since Facebook has no search function for the banned list.

^I did find yours. Do you remember the last time you posted to the Facebook page? It is nearly impossible for me to find what led to your banning amongst all the comments and posts. Robb is still away on the Texas/Midwest trip so it will be up to his discretion rather to unban you.

Unfortunately I don't as I can't see the recent activity I've done once being banned, maybe it was something about McDonalds/Subway and all the GMOs in their foods on the pic with the Subway sandwich? Although I can't imagine I"d get banned for that unless Robb actually works at Monsanto, hahaha.

Most of the comments I make are usually on the YouTube channel videos that I get linked to FROM the Facebook page.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

You have never posted to the page? I didn't see your name in the ban list but there is no way to search by name, so it could be there and I overlooked it.

If you haven't posted, Robb wouldn't of banned you, in fact he has no way to unless you do post.