TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Glowsticking

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I dont think its to much time at all. Ive been practicing for 7 months strait for a few mintues everyday. Its not time consuming at all. If your in a sport, thats a lot more time consuming then what I do.

None the less I am glad you enjoyed it.

Glowstringing has its roots from poi but are different. Glowstrings borrow moves from yoyoing and martial arts instead of just traditional poi. Freehand glowsticking has its roots with hacky (sp?) sack, liquid, and juggling, and other forms of dance. So yes I know the differences.

A bunch of my friends used to do this and I when they were in Grade 11 they did a big thing in front of the school with some glowsticking and it really is eyecatching. It's like you don't want to look away.

Its way better to see in reall life with the whole stream of light.

Awesome video Denno. Makes me think back to the days when I hung out with all the asians

AH this brings back memories of high school...Buying rediculous amounts of overpriced glowsticks, going to raves, people trying to "borrow" said glowsticks to never see them again...hehe.

Good stuff man, you don't see too many people into that sort of thing anymore.

Glowstringing has its roots from poi but are different. Glowstrings borrow moves from yoyoing and martial arts instead of just traditional poi. Freehand glowsticking has its roots with hacky (sp?) sack, liquid, and juggling, and other forms of dance. So yes I know the differences.

Because poi doesn't borrow from yoyo and martial arts either?

Also, if you've ever seen somebody really good at poi, they can actually hacky the poi "balls", which is quite impressive.

Why does that matter? The video was cool and it was something that looked like fun. To the random average person, they aren't going to know what either "Glowsticking" or "Poi" is. They are just going to know if when they see on their screen is compelling to them to keep watching.

--Robb "All this time I thought Poi was some nasty food served at a Luau!" Alvey