TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Needing help with LA parks

WOF_man

I am planning a mini-trip to LA from June 8 through June 14. I was wanting some help with SFMM and KBF if possible. My plan is to hit KBF as soon as I get into town Thursday, June 8, then go to SFMM on Monday, June 12. I have looked at a handful of other related threads, but here are a few questions that I still have unanswered. Sorry for the laundry list of questions, but I get a little nuts when it comes to vacation.

1. Is there any problems with the dates that I have chosen to go to the parks?

2. Getting in the only current 4th dimension coaster is my top priority. Has X been running well (or at all) lately? (or is anything else not running currently, namely Deja Vu or Revolution)

3. Is there anywhere good to eat at SFMM?

4. I know that you should hit X first thing in the morning, but with the addition of Tatsu, would it be better to hit Deja Vu or Tatsu second?

5. What is the best seat choice for Deja Vu to maximize comfort and fun?

6. Is it possible to get through every coaster at SFMM and X twice on a Monday if I stay from open to close?

7. What is the best order to hit rides at KBF to maximize ride time and minimalize line time? (To clarify, what order should I ride Silver Bullet, Ghostrider, and XCelerator)

8. Is there any shows at either Knott's or SFMM that are worth seeing?

Feel free to add any nuggets of great advice if you have any. I surely would appreciate it. Thanks for the help.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Is there any problems with the dates that I have chosen to go to the parks?

The dates that you chose to go to KBF and SFMM are fine. Really, anytime during the year is a good time to go to those parks.

2. Getting in the only current 4th dimension coaster is my top priority. Has X been running well (or at all) lately? (or is anything else not running currently, namely Deja Vu or Revolution)

I wouldn't know this question since the last time I went to SFMM was for the TPR meet in September

3. Is there anywhere good to eat at SFMM?

Mooseburger Lodge is pretty good.

4. I know that you should hit X first thing in the morning, but with the addition of Tatsu, would it be better to hit Deja Vu or Tatsu second?

Actually, you might want to hit Tatsu first. From the pictures I've seen, it looks pretty crowded.

5. What is the best seat choice for Deja Vu to maximize comfort and fun?

On Deja Vu, the best seat is the back. It is a little bit rough, but is awesome!

6. Is it possible to get through every coaster at SFMM and X twice on a Monday if I stay from open to close?

Maybe. Probably not X twice, but everything else, probably.

7. What is the best order to hit rides at KBF to maximize ride time and minimalize line time? (To clarify, what order should I ride Silver Bullet, Ghostrider, and XCelerator)

Ghostrider 1st, Xcelerator 2nd, basically all of the credits first and then anything else.

8. Is there any shows at either Knott's or SFMM that are worth seeing?

The stunt show at KBF is pretty good, the Batman stunt show is OK.

---Brent

I don't have time to respond to this right now...but you still need to go to X first.

Worst case scenario you can buy fastlanes at SFMM for Tatsu...there is no fastlane for X or Deja Vu!

I'll try to write more later.

I would ride X first, then Tatsu. Tatsu can handle more people per hour then X. I don't think you will have a problem if your there at opening, run to X then Tatsu. Depending on the crowds you might be able to do both twice.

A good idea if you want to spend the money is to get their Flashpass or what ever its called. I think it gets you 4 front of line tickets that would be useful later in the day for rerides when it is crowded.