TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR-Reality4Diabetes

disneygurlz2s

As usual, it's taken me a week to get this together, but here it is....

First a little backstory... Tasha Wilkie is a college student from here in Cincy, who was diagnosed in 1998 with insulin-dependent diabetes. She is also a huge reality tv fan, and decided to take that interest and turn it into something more. 2 1/2 years ago, she hosted her first Reality4Diabetes fundraiser to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. She flies reality tv show stars in from all over the country to do a weekend's worth of meet and greet events for fans.

I have discovered that, despite the fact that Cincinnati is a huge market for the big reality tv shows (Survivor and Amazing Race, which happen to be my favorites) very few "normal" (ok, I consider myself normal) people turn out for these events. Rather, there is a group of people, mostly men, who turn out to support and sponsor this event, and some of them are pretty odd. One guy, I am told, is a Texas oil bizzillionaire who spends all his time traveling the country meeting celebrities and semi-celebrities.

Anyway, as big "Survivor" and now "Amazing Race" fans, me and my little one have attended three of the last 4 fundraisers. It supports a great a cause, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Diabetes is one of the leading causes of blindness in adults, and since I work in the field of ophthalmology, this is a cause I actively support.

The most recent event featured "stars" from the last season of "Survivor" and "TAR" along with folks from some other shows and previous seasons. For those of you who are fans of the shows, I hope you enjoy the photos...

Shari "Getting my reality tv star credits" Shoufler

69646567_Reality4RayandDeena.jpg.56d05379386bcd83838912452393fa93.jpg

TAR7's Ray and Deena....now married and expecting!

2121878325_Reality4Bianca.jpg.a5a464975c9321e950c8913821d9b55c.jpg

Bianca was on Amazing Race with her friend Debbie...remember how kissy they were? She was that way with us!

1332006932_Reality4Kelly.jpg.ddf4ff7ac47abceeb2a1315e6462e237.jpg

Kelly "I'll borrow anyone's lipstick just so I'll look good" McCorkle from TAR7

1975737050_Reality4SusanandPatrick.jpg.f8ce6a1956c7be2df173baee581e8153.jpg

Local Racers Susan and Patrick Vaughn

1999005726_Reality4Ibrehem.jpg.494780171f7c340d8a10008f79e4905a.jpg

Survivor's Ibrehem

814719298_Reality4CobyandKatie.jpg.c39a5eee2f2cc9d8fe27494830a245d4.jpg

Survivor's Coby the hairdresser and runner up Katie!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pictures and a good cause!

Being Type 2 diabetic, I should do more to support Juvenile Diabetes. They do a huge walk here on the beach in Oxnard, and I've helped man water stations, but that's about it.

I'm a walker...I should walk and raise money!

Eric