TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Credit Run in the Northeast

Niagara Falls Fun

While the highlight of the trip for me was Canada's Wonderland, I also spent time around Niagara Falls with my girlfriend (Canadian side only. I don't go to the dark place known as the American side).

Sorry, but you are incorrect. I know everyone says this, but it's only 99% true. The only true way to experience (the smallest of the 3 falls that make up Niagara Falls) is THE CAVE OF THE WINDS on the US side. It's awesome. Even as a local who gives zero shits about the falls I always make sure to take people to experience it. Besides that though, yes, you are 100% correct.

Random video of the hurricane deck:

Also, I'm sad that Katy Perry coming out of the floor at the wax museum has been replaced out front. R.I.P. wax Katy Perry.

Thanks for all the reports... just starting to read through them now.

I'll try to check out the cave next time before crossing the border. It looks like I'd be able to get amazing shots of the US falls like I did when I was on the Journey Behind the Falls deck getting photos of Horseshoe Falls.

That place at New Roc City (Fun Fuzion) has some larger rides like the S&S Space Shot that shoots out of the building so the size of the building doesn't necessarily constrain the place. However, iPlay America is in a strip mall so not sure if they could do that even if they wanted to invest in larger attractions such as that.

Funny you mention New Roc City. I took a big Northeast trip last June, and we stayed in a hotel in New Rochelle in between visiting SFNE and New York City, and I had no idea the place existed. We were driving up to the hotel, and I said "hold up... that's an S&S tower!" It was a pretty standard one with only one launch, but it was super fun since I had absolutely no idea it existed. Definitely a fun surprise of the trip.

Really enjoying the trip report!

I visited there almost 10 years ago on the way home from Playland since I saw a TR with that tower. Unfortunately it was closed due to rain when I visited. Could you get good views of NYC from the top?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed your trip report.....always nice to see someone else's take on my "home" park and area (Niagara and Canada's Wonderland). Interesting that you don't mind "Timewarp". I would prefer a B and M flyer in Wonderland any day of the week...but hey ho!

I will second a couple of the other posters here....although the Canadian side of the falls is the better side....the best attraction is 100% "The Cave of the Winds" on the US side. The "Hurricane Deck" is exactly as it sounds....and is the wettest you will get at Niagara (even moreso than Hornblower and Maid of the Mist). It is worth walking over just for that, and then doing a short walk round the "islands" past the horseshoe falls.

They used to have a sense of humour and have a "no smoking" sign up on the Hurricane deck!