TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PHOTO TR: Tony & James Across The USA

I have been following TPR for many years always as a quite but avid observer so it's time I became more involved.

After living in Australia since 2006 my partner James and I have decided to return home to the UK but we are not going straight home. We're going to take the road trip of a lifetime and drive across the USA from San Francisco to NYC we'll be taking in some of America's best and biggest theme parks including SFMM, Kings Island and CP. There are so many coasters on my bucket list that I have been watching TPR ride and review for years. Finally it's my turn!

This will be my first TR and I hope you like it. Hopefully we'll get to meet some TPR members along the way. Our Parks Itinerary will be;

Wed 27 May - SFMM

Thu 11 Jun - Worlds of Fun

Wed 18 & Thu 18 Jun - Kings Island

Sat 20 and Sun 21 Jun - Cedar Point

Mon 22 Jun - Kennywood

Tue 23 Jun - Hersheypark

Wed 24 Jun - Dorney Park

Mon 29 Jun - SFGA

There may be other unplanned additional stops along the way but for now that's the plan.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool! Looking forward to watching this. While you're in the Hershey area, you'd REALLY be missing out if you didn't take at least half a day (much more preferrably) to stop in at Knoebels Amusement Resort. It's very different from the big chain parks and may not seem like much on paper - but in real life it's just ... It even ranks up near the top of many enthusiast's favorite overall parks in the country!

Enjoy the last bits of planning and the building anticipation, and safe travels!

3rd suggestion for Knoebel's.

When leaving Hershey, drive North for about 2 hours for Knoebel's. . you'll only need the afternoon for Dorney anyways, and Knoebel's is worth the trip even if you just go in, ride: Phoenix, Twister, the Haunted House, and leave (tho if you have time, I'd add Black Diamond, the Flyers, Flying Turns, the Carousel, the whip, the chair lift, the bumper cars, the flume, a game or two of Fascination, and the new Coaster to that list)

a point about Knoebel's - FREE parking, and FREE admission (you can pay per ride with tickets). The food is also excellent, and very reasonably priced.

Thanks guys for the tips.

Dorney is only a quick stop over on the drive into NYC so we were not planning a full day. That said some spur of the moment changes maybe welcome......so we'll have to see what happens when we get there. Appreciate the advice though.

I'll be doing my best to update as we go. Stay tuned!