TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: $70 Million Amusement Park Proposed for St. Louis

^I mean, any hotel in the middle of a big city should be pretty lucrative, especially one inside of a historic building. The rest of this is just cheap development, possibly to serve as a placeholder for when they have the funds and interest to go back to the original ideas. Food trucks/containers are a current fad that don't cost much to implement and remove later, and the fountain/light show stuff are just cheap gimmicks to make it flashier. So basically they're just going to do a glorified food court for now and perhaps in a decade they'll be ready to go back to the drawing board.

I could certainly see the Ferris wheel being abandoned too. It's a gimmick as well, but not a cheap one.

Interestingly, OKC is also opening up a food truck court with a Ferris wheel this year. There's probably others as well. Once multiple cities try copying fads like these, they tend to die out really fast, or at least lose most of their glamour and original appeal. I'd give it a couple more years before food trucks and container buildings are completely out of style.

OKC buys an old Ferris Wheel and slaps converted shipping containers around it yet nixes a Star Flyer in Bricktown only to allow a mini golf place at the same location. That's some confused Hipster thinking right there.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic