TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How is Phobia at Cypress Gardens?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry, you know my opinion already, but avoid it like the plague. It is awful, and not worth the time.

You're not another out-of-hand CG basher are you?

I probably need to go just to see what's going on. Obviously, it's not going to be on par with what's at the major attractions. But I never found them to be all that great either.

I saw them putting up some of the attractions a few days ago. There was a haunted house inside the upcoming Reptile House over in Natures Way. A "Funhouse" looking thing over where the Wild West show used to be (with the WW show having been moved down just slightly). And another spook house over near Splash Island. These were simply walled-in tents, but I didn't get to see what was inside.

Here's the photos plus some other recent CG updates.

I think I'll take my 2 year old there for Trick-or-Treating. I understand the stores will be giving out candy and it's GOT to be more interesting than T-o-Ting around my neighborhood (plus it'll give me a reason to turn off the lights and go out rather than be bothered with 100s of ungrateful kids demanding candy.)

Barry-

I am planning on checking Phobia out this Sat. We are going because it is included on our annual passes. I am going to try to have an open mind. I am sure it will get my feet wet for all the Halloween events this month. I will let you know what our experience is like.

-Eric

Barry-

I am planning on checking Phobia out this Sat. We are going because it is included on our annual passes. I am going to try to have an open mind. I am sure it will get my feet wet for all the Halloween events this month. I will let you know what our experience is like.

-Eric

can you give us a review of each of the houses? I'm curious myself & was trying to make this a "must", but its been downgraded to a "maybe I'll pass".

A review of the houses?

Its kind of hard to review empty hallways with an ineffective scareactor scattered about every so often, but I guess they could try.

I can't get over how much I disliked Phobia. I am a very jumpy person, I jump and scream at almost anything. I work at HOS, and even jumped/screamed/ran while walking through my own house, and I knew where the scares were! But, nothing at Phobia made me jump. Its like they didn't even try. I know budget is an issue, but the event they present to the public is inexcusable. HHN and HOS are both an hour or less in either direction from Cypress Gardens, save your time and attend a decent event.

Not sure about what the rules about links are, but here is a link to a review of Phobia from HHNVault, and then my own review on the same site. There are photos with the first review.

http://www.hhnvault.com/your_terror/articles/100305cyprophobia.html

http://www.hhnvault.com/your_terror/articles/100305cyprophobiareview2.html

The first guy lost all credence when he wrote this:

And if you’ve never been to Winter Haven, you wouldn’t know that Jeff Foxworthy is everyone’s god, all the teenagers with southern accents wear tilted hats and all their “bling,” and manners are not heard of… unless you’re old.

I hate Jeff Foxworthy and I guarantee I have better manners than this clod.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pretty good review of Phobia...

Still haven't been to it myself, even though I live just 5 minutes away.

But I was thinking about the name... PHOBIA... shouldn't it be more themed toward scaring people with Phobias than just having your typical haunted houses and guys running around in scary masks?

They should have had an "Arachnophobia" house with lots of live spiders crawling around and an "Fear of Snakes" house with plenty of snakes. They could also make use of other common phobias like claustrophobia, acrophobia (fear of heights, Island in the Sky anyone?), hydrophobia, hemaphobia (fear of blood/bleeding), phonemophobia (fear of thinking ), or any other type of phobia that would work.

Maybe next year... 8)