TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Madrid for a weekend

I am going to Madrid for a long weekend - Friday to Monday - this May and want to visit both Madrid parks.

Reaching Parque de Attraciones is straightforward using the metro I am kind of lost at how to reach Parque Warner by public transit. Websites say to use line C3 - which I cannot find on the subway map. Then the PDF on the Parque Warner website for the bus services make me have more questions than answers - specially as I cannot speak spanish.

If someone here has a working layout to reach Parque Warner the help would be much appreciated. Any other tips as of crowds and fastpass options are of course also welcome.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not 100% sure but I think you need the T-Zone ticket because the bus you take is an interurban one. The A-Zone ticket is also only valid in the center of madrid according to the map they show on their website.

If you have the chance to ask madridcard via e-mail then do it to check it twice

Hey! Madrilenian (at least someone living in Madrid) here!

My advise would be just paying for a roundtrip for the train (you take it it Atocha Cercanías Station) and then a roundtrip in the bus in Pinto. I have a pass only for the A zone (City Center) and is the cheapest way to reach Parque Warner, sadly.

There are usually some promotions and discounts for Parque Warner in pages like atrapalo.com (only in spanish, sorry).

Reaching Parque de Atracciones is much easier as you only have to pick the subway (line 10, Lago Station). You could probably use your Tourist Pass for this one, as is in the A Zone.

Hope this helps! Don't hesitate asking!

^It says you get free access to both Warner Madrid and Parque de atracciones, so I think you get more than one free entry. I assume that the GP does not know about the benefits of a season pass. They come there once or twice and that's it, so they don't care about it. Look at my Holiday Park season pass. It's 49 Euros with so many benefits, but most people buy a one day admission for 27,99

The Bobbejaanland deal nearly sounds too good to be true. Must I visit Bobbejaanland once before I can visit the other parks?

As I also go to to Oslo this year this would be marvelous...

EDIT: The payment options they offer run contradictory to the options I have...

I tried to figure out the info about the annual pass on the BJL website in dutch/flemish.

As far as I understand, you can buy your pass online BUT after having done that, you have to download the annual pass subscription sheet which you should complete and bring along with you together with a picture (passport format) on your first visit and get your pass at that moment.

I could get in touch with them if you want and ask whether I can collect the passes on your behalf, and send them by registered mail or courier to you but eventually it will quickly cost 20 euro more than your pass for the courier, and you also have to send yr picture + completed form to me by mail.

Maybe you should contact them directly first, and tell them you want to buy their pass but you'll visit the park in Madrid first, before their park and see what they say. If they just need to sell as many passes they can, they will not really care and maybe do send them to you by mail.

^I didn't find that back on the site, but I went further through the ordering process now and found the general conditions and yes, they send it to the address you want, courier charge at buyer's expense. All you have to do is contact them on following emailaddress : support@whosin.zendesk.com and refer to your purchase you made and request them to send it by courier to your home address.

If you call BJL they are able to make the seasonpasses and send them to you. You need to mail them a good photo, so they can cut out a section for the season pass. In 2012 i did the same thing, you only need to pay a little extra for the mailing but it's worth it! We made a money transfer for both the season passes and the mailing cost for international mail.

When you get in touch wel guest relations everything will work out. It will save you a lot!

Hope this helps...

I dispatched them a mail - lets see what they say. With SEPA the money transfer should be even more easy now.

But honestly at spending a great value on travel costs each year I will not squabble over normal day ticket costs. Parque de Atraciones offers a "Today and Tomorrow" ticket ofr €29,90 which sounds good to me.

Did anyone has crowd estimates for weekend days in may?

Both parks offer fastpasses - Parque Warner "Correcaminos" / Parque de Atraciones "Speedy Pass" - and would like to now if it is prudent to get those. I do not mind lines up 30 minutes for coasters and up to 15 minutes for flats - anything longer than that and I would prefer a fastpass.

I went in early May in 2011, both parks were empty at that time of year. Crowds pick up a little in the evening at Parque de Attractions. Warner just isn't a big hit with the locals it seems... Sadly for the park, hope it gets better in the future.

Also went in summer of 2012 and PdA was busy in the afternoon and gets packed in the evening. PWM was a little more crowded, but still only a 10 minute wait ihe entire day.