TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Radio documentary about american coasterculture?

mischa

Hi there! First I would like to say thanks for all the very nice videos you have filmed, especially the one from my home park Liseberg

My name is Mischa Danofsky. I come from Sweden and currently study media and culture at the University of Linkoping. For my final exams I'm making a documentary about rollercoasters in the U.S and about people who loves riding them like you guys. I'm going to stay in the U.S the whole month of october and I have planned visits to Las Vegas, Universal Island of Adventure and Six Flags Great Adventure. I'm operating out of New York.

And now here are my questions to you. Is there pherhaps a way to contact you for an interview? Or do you know someone I might contact? Do you think I should contact the different parks in advance and tell them what I'm doing and pherhaps get some kind of special access? And finally, do you have any special tips and tricks about bringing a fairly small audiorecording device onboard the coasters whitout getting told off by the staff?

Many thanks in advance

Best regards

Mischa Danofsky

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Mischa,

I can be contacted at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com and I will be more than happy to help you with your plans and interviews.

Vegas is a GREAT choice if you are looking for an overall 'resort destination' and your other locations will be pefect for coasters.

Drop me an email and we'll talk more!

--Robb

Hi! Sadly I have allready booked the Orlando trip and I'm leaving Orlando exactly on the 20th but I can look into if I can rebook it or anything. Or maybe I can meet you guys for a quick interview before the park opens on thursday?

I will contact you guys later, thanks.

Mischa

Hi Mischa,

If you are ever hoping to present your documentary at an academic conference or pubish a study based on your findings, it is a good idea to contact the parks ahead of time. Many conferences and journals have stipulations about that. Even if you are not currently considering selling/ showing your documentary, the opportunity may come up later and you won't want to miss out. In many cases, these companies either do not respond or are usually open to being part of an academic project, so it doesn't hurt to cover your ass.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have about academic projects in the U.S.!

Thanks for the info saturday97!

The study is fist of all intended to be displayed within the academic field at my university but I may concider selling it if it turns out that there is an interest from the public radio here in Sweden. I'll be sure to contact the parks in advance to inform them about this.

Mischa