TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fastpasses at Fuji-Q Highlands

junkboy316

Hi,

Does anyone know exactly how the fast passes work at Fuji Q? I'm planning on going there early next month and want to have all the information I need to fight against the Fuji Q operations.

Is there a limit to the number of fast passes that I'll be able to buy in one go?

Are the fast pass entrances easy to find for an ignorant foreigner like myself?

Will the guys at the fast pass booth understand English well enough for me to ask for specific times or will I just be given whatever times?

Any other advice appreciated.

Thanks,

James

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a limit to the number of fast passes that I'll be able to buy in one go?

If you practice a little bit of Japanese they should allow you to buy 2 - 4 passes for EACH ride offered. With a bit of negotiation and speaking a decent amount of Japanese I was able to buy 10 passes per hour per ride for our big group this summer.

Are the fast pass entrances easy to find for an ignorant foreigner like myself?

Yes, most of them are up the exit but they are sign posted.

Will the guys at the fast pass booth understand English well enough for me to ask for specific times or will I just be given whatever times?

They BARELY speak any English. Learn your numbers and the two words for hour and minute, those easy things will help you immensely. You can also write it down on paper. For example Fujiyama - 12:00 - 13:00 hand them that paper and they should figure it out. The other rides are all written in Japanese and you'll have to copy or take photos.

Edited by robbalvey

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go with the written note approach, my East London accent seems to be enough to confuse some Americans so who knows how the Japanese will deal with that combined with me butchering their language.

Do you know if anyone in your group went on the Ultimate Fort walk-through? I'm wondering if that's worth the wait/cost of a fast pass when I won't have a clue what's going on or whether I should just stick to only going on the Hospital walk-through.

Thanks again for the info!

I think I'll go with the written note approach

I don't understand why so many people are against learning just a *little* bit of a foreign language. I cannot stress enough how far it goes in Japan just learning phrases like "Excuse me, do you speak English?", hellos, thank yous, etc, and learning how to count from 1-10 in Japanese.

I know probably about 20-30 simple phrases made up from about 100 Japanese words and you'll find that they are FAR more willing to speak to you in English if you at least TRY to speak their language.

That being said, Japan is the most helpful country in the world and you'll still get by, it would just be nice if some people would TRY... that's all.

Edited by robbalvey

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. I think I'll go with the written note approach, my East London accent seems to be enough to confuse some Americans so who knows how the Japanese will deal with that combined with me butchering their language.

Do you know if anyone in your group went on the Ultimate Fort walk-through? I'm wondering if that's worth the wait/cost of a fast pass when I won't have a clue what's going on or whether I should just stick to only going on the Hospital walk-through.

Thanks again for the info!

I did the Ultimate Fort, well I should say I attempted the Ultimate Fort, in June. You go in and are given a small paper card. Looking like I didn't speak Japanese the attendant kindly offered me an "English instruction sheet" that left me just as confused as I was listening to the instructions in Japanese. You are then taken into a holding room and wait for the signal to begin. As soon as the buzzer went off every person in the place started running like a mad man into the maze that is the prison. I had no idea what you were supposed to do or where to go. After looking like an idiot for about 5 minutes I used the 'chicken exit' and escaped back into the park. It was an interesting experience but I will not re-attempt it on future trips, lol.

^ And then you had ONLY ten minutes!

We did pretty good, until it all ended.

Wait - they had a Chicken Exit???

Man we would have hit that after a minute

of that confusion, LOL. Totally missed it.

Too busy looking for (*^#$W(@# card slots.