TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Japan - Best Time To Visit

danb

Hi

I am looking at spending two weeks in Japan and a week in Hong Kong next year. When is the best time to go?

I'm planning to visit the two Disney parks, Fuji-Q, Joyopolis, Parque Espana, Universal Studios Japan & Nagashmia Spa Land. Am I missing any decent parks? Would you recommend to travel via public transport or get a hire car?

Would you also agree that Tokyo Disney Sea and Disneyland are both two days parks?

I'd also like to see some sights whilst in Tokyo and Osaka. I'm not sure exactly what yet but things that are quick to visit, nothing that would take all day. Would three days in Tokyo & one in Osaka be enough for general sight seeing?

Thanks!

Dan

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best time to visit Japan? ANYTIME!

Seriously though there are pluses and minuses to the different times of year.

First I would look at Japanese Holidays and AVOID THOSE LIKE THE PLAGUE. It gets crazy busy! Impossible to get on trains, long waits at parks and tourist stuff, just stay away.

Once you've found your way around those there are more decisions to be made. May - July is rainy but empty (except for Holidays), August - October is Typhoon Season, November - February can be cold and limited operations, March and April are beautiful with Cherry Blossoms but still can be cold and limited schedules.

I like to plan around different Tokyo Disney Events! Seriously though, they do cool stuff for Halloween, New Years, Spring, Summer, etc. For a first timer who likes Disney I recommend four days total at the parks.

I would NEVER EVER HIRE A CAR. Take public transport. The driving is way too scary with tons of signs you won't be able to read.

Hope this helps a bit!

As for sightseeing, that's up to you. Most people would choose Kyoto over Osaka for sightseeing.

• 11 months later...

I am planning on going this October and here is my rough plan. It would be good if anyone can comment on anything that looks wrong or if we are missing anything?

Day 1 - Travel to Kyoto & sightseeing

Day 2 - Universal Studios

Day 3 - Universal Studios

Day 4 - Nagashima Spa Land

Day 5 - Fuji Q

Day 6 - Fuji Q & travel

Day 7 - Tobu Zoo

Day 8 - Tokyo Sightseeing

Day 9 - Disneyland

Day 10 - Disneysea

Day 11 - Disneysea/Disneyland

Day 12 - Tokyo sightseeing

Day 13 - Tokyo sightseeing/Flight back

Thanks!

Me and my family are going to Japan in June but the only parks we are visiting are Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea! I am beyond excited! Is there any particular rides that should be taken first or fast passes that should be grabbed in the mornings?

Now I haven't been, but judging from all the trip reports I've read and research I've done.

I would focus on rides that you can't find at other Disney parks. So, Pooh's Honey Hunt (mega popular ride), Monster's Inc Hide and Seek (pretty cool dark ride from the POV), Journey to the Center of the Earth, 20k Leagues, and Raging Spirits.

After those, I mean then you have typical Magic Kingdom stuff, you know Space Mountain, Big Thunder, and Splash Mountain are going to be super popular.