TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Electric Fields. Re-charged [RCT2]

For whatever reason, I absolutely love making pre-existing parks such as Bumbly Beach and Electric fields into cool super parks. After my computer died I've been working on several new parks, and this one is like my "comeback" I guess you could say.

I added a few things to the scenery list and, of course, "hacked" it with 8 Cars. There is an oriental themed roller coaster called "Dragon" and a river rapids ride called Keller Rapids. I also have a carousel, a Scrambled Eggs, and a little Vintage Car Ride. There is more to come (duh); I am thinking of making a Roman themed section or a jungle, but before that I think I'll form a little Asian themed land around the Dragon so its not all awkwardly "ONE RIDE IS ASIAN" and everything else is just country/ back-woods.

Please give feedback. I love getting suggestions and ideas!

SCR23.BMP

Overview...

SCR13.BMP

Entrance "complex"

SCR14.BMP

entrance for the Dragon

SCR15.BMP

SCR17.BMP

Keller Rapids entrance

SCR18.BMP

SCR19.BMP

I still gots the row boats (now they're swans)

SCR20.BMP

all the buildings look fancy now!

SCR21.BMP

carousel with the now AWESOME water tower

SCR22.BMP

Car ride entrance

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys,

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while...holidays

So I loaded electric fields and looked at it for a long time and I had no ideas whatsoever. SOOOO, I need help! Does anyone have any ideas...just something simple will really help get the old noggin goin' again.

Thank you!

How bout an Custom Coasters International woodie like New Mexico Rattler (Cliff's Amusement Park NM), & Outlaw (Adventureland Iowa), an White Classic Wooden Coaster like Judge Roy Scream (SFOT), Tornado (Adventureland Iowa), or kind of make this like Castles 'N' Coasters at Phoenix Arizona, that will be really great!

Hope this is helpful!

For me the chinese-ish(?) looper seems a bit out of place. Mabye you should work around that theme a bit and mabye something will come to you once you get going. I would prefwer though, to see the entire park made the same way as the rapids area, because that really fits the style of the park. The park is not so big that it needs special areas to keep it interesting.

I DID IT! I worked very hard for the past week to finish this section of the park which consists of only one building (lol)

The new themed area is called "Oceans Depths" featuring a large submarine ride called "Voyager Blue". There are two other rides, "Cardinal" (an inverter ride thingy) and "Bumper Boats" (original name huh).

This themed section Is loosely base off of Disney Land Tokyo's Mysterious Island which is a loose form of steampunk (if you could call it that). I've never really seen someone make such a thing on RCT2 so I thought I would give it a try.

P.S. a cool wooden "All American" type of ride is coming soon as well as the renovation of the Dragon ride which is going to be sort of rebuilt because I'm bored with it and it doesn't fit in...

Enjoy the pictures and please give feed back!

SCR33.BMP

Overall view of the area!

SCR34.BMP

Entrance to the "Voyager"

SCR35.BMP

The little Bumper Boats Bay

SCR36.BMP

The Inverter as well as the entrance to the Voyager Blue (right)

This is a short little post. I wanted to redo the "Dragon" coaster, and it is now called Grizzly. I tried to make it more like a typical Schwarzkopf with large sweeping drops and wide turns. This is the first time I have tried hard to make a roller coaster look a specific way...I usually just build whatever and usually good things happen (lol)

So...enjoy. Please give some o' dat feedback, it really helps me grow as a designer/builder/artist/coaster...er... (whatevs)

SCR39.BMP

newly renovated and lookin' great!

SCR38.BMP

The new station and the new food court thingy.

SCR40.BMP

The top of the hill and a good view of the mine train tracks the run through the ride for added fancyness

SCR41.BMP

Another view with a good look at the loop and the hills/mountains.

^Even though the bulk of your update was in regards to Grizzly (which looks pretty rad btw) I can't help but notice the River Rapids ride which looks awesome. I really like how you tied it into using the creek that runs through the map. However, the part that I'd really like to try to duplicate is the bridge effect on the river rapids ride. How did you pull that off?