TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

[RCT3] Colorado Canyon

[W]ould you consider stickying a basic RCT3 tutorial for park/attraction building? I've been temped lately to make one and see if it would have any impact on the quality of the threads.

That would be awesome! I'd love to join you in that, seeing how I have gotten some really complex structures going (speaking of which, I haven't touched my Indiana Jones ride in nearly 6 weeks!)

As for the park, it's gotten a little better, but still pretty "meh".

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, here is my 2 cents

I like it, there are parts that need bit of work but as far as NCS goes it looks good. This park sort of reminds me of those that appeared in the early RCT3 days when CS was not around and people just wanted to build a simple Six Flags style park. Nowadays I find people don't enjoy the more generic NCS park as you can make far greater generic park with custom scenery.I think you will find that when working with out custom scenery for people to enjoy it you have to be quite creative with the scenery pieces look at them in different ways, build something completely new. However as you are new to the game I'm guessing? starting with this style is fine and I'm sure one day soon if you stick at it you will be building great complex structures with out custom scenery.

Good luck on your project, Jake

Hey, here is my 2 cents

I like it, there are parts that need bit of work but as far as NCS goes it looks good. This park sort of reminds me of those that appeared in the early RCT3 days when CS was not around and people just wanted to build a simple Six Flags style park. Nowadays I find people don't enjoy the more generic NCS park as you can make far greater generic park with custom scenery.I think you will find that when working with out custom scenery for people to enjoy it you have to be quite creative with the scenery pieces look at them in different ways, build something completely new. However as you are new to the game I'm guessing? starting with this style is fine and I'm sure one day soon if you stick at it you will be building great complex structures with out custom scenery.

Good luck on your project, Jake

I have custom scenery but the folders are zipped.

^If you need an unzip program I recommend 7zip. It can open just about every compressed file type including .zip and .rar, which are what custom scenery folders come as.

And in terms of an RCT3 basics tutorial...I really meant back to basics, but with information on how to expand them into beautiful creations. Which is basically saying it would, in the beginning be mainly an NCS tutorial.

If you have ANY release of Windows that is XP or higher, simply double-clicking a .zip folder will unzip it. However, you shouldn't even be using custom content unless you know how to zip/unzip folders and where you should place the content, as it can cause errors in the game that you might not know how to reverse.

The park is certainly looking better than your last one. Just take your time, relax, and have fun with it!

Edited by A.J.

I won't have custom scenery for this update, I'm still working on it.

May 2nd 1979:

The park is looking better than ever with three new attractions.

Shot0792.bmp

This is part of the log flume. I don't want to reveal all of it yet.

Shot0793.bmp

Wild Mouse.

Shot0794.bmp

It will take riders 50 feet up and take them through tight turns at 30 mph!

Shot0795.bmp

Scrambler is new.

Shot0796.bmp

Thunder Bobs is all alone.

Shot0797.bmp

I think this shot should be on a postcard.

Shot0791.bmp

Or this one.

Edited by goldiehound

They are decent pictures, but your captions are boring. "Scrambler is new" or "Thunder Bobs is all alone" doesn't tell us anything important. Maybe tell us what company the Scrambler came from or something like that. Just make them less boring.

I really like the arrow looper, the log flume and the wild mouse! It seems you've turned it around for the better in a way!

Though, the mountain looks random and out of place. Maybe a few hills around it? And I do have to agree with the captions... They are quite bland. Good luck!

I was trying to make Parachute Tower look like the one at my other park Six Flags Florida Escape that was locked.

Sorry if the Enterprise picture seems out of place, it was supposed to be at the top but I couldn't get it up.

May 28th 1979:

The parks skyline changed again.

Shot0801.bmp

Say hello to Parachute Tower.

Shot0802.bmp

It will take riders 100 feet in the air. That's ten feet taller than Vortex (Arrow Looper.)

Shot0803.bmp

People noticed that big trucks with wood track in the back was heading in the parks direction.

Shot0804.bmp

This sure may change the skyline again. I'm worried the park won't open on time with all the new rides.

Shot0818.bmp

Enterprise I heard was only finished a few days ago. See you next time!

June 27th 1979:

Welcome back!

The park has been quiet with progress starting to slow down.

Shot0819.bmp

There are Antique cars now. The unknown company wanted a mixture of old and new rides.

Shot0820.bmp

The wood rumor was right.

Shot0821.bmp

The wood coaster is going to be 89 feet tall and go at 48 mph through the track.

Shot0822.bmp

I can't wait for the ride to be finished. See you next time!

The car ride looks a tad short and a little compact. I think you should spread it out a little more and add a little theming to it. Notice how some car rides have a bridge or a roofed building that they go through. I'd say put something like that in. I can't wait to see the wooden coaster!

No, no. The carousel fits perfectly with the surrounds and really keeps the park area fresh. Becuase, we all know, no one really likes a park that is pure earth tones. You need rides that "Pop" off the flora around them

Happy 4th of July!

May 14th 1980:

Opening Day!

Shot0855.bmp

The park started filling up right away.

Shot0859.bmp

Sawmill Chute is really popular.

Shot0861.bmp

The first car on Vortex.

Shot0863.bmp

Shot0865.bmp

Shot0866.bmp

Shot0868.bmp

Enterprise is a great ride.

Shot0869.bmp

Mad Mouse.

Shot0870.bmp

Shot0873.bmp

Shot0876.bmp

Shot0877.bmp

Parachute Tower had a long line.

Shot0878.bmp

The first train on High Flyer.

Shot0879.bmp

Shot0881.bmp

Shot0883.bmp

Shot0887.bmp

At the end of the day there was a great firework display.