TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Full Throttle vers.2.0 [NL]

Full Throttle vers. 1.0... please scroll down page for vers 2.0

Multi-launched GIGA coaster

75Mph Launch, 95 Mph Launch, 106 Mph Max speed

320 Feet Drop, 6658 foot track length

I'm not saying this has anything to do with SFMM 2013!!! I just so happen to like the name Full throttle for a launched coaster.

Uploaded to TPR Exchange

Edited by Gigalyte

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final break run, the second launch, and many other areas of track are perfectly parallel to each other. I know it's much easier to do that, but it makes the ride look awkward, fake, and it wastes a lot of space.

Never use transports on a break run. When a ride flies into the break at 70 mph, there's no reason for there to be transport wheels.

Work on your heartlining. Many turns were pumpy, jerky, and had lateral g's that were too high. Particularly at this point:

44644169_ScreenShot2012-03-25at9_10_56AM.thumb.png.be30d9535702e6973cb690e4fbc96fc4.png

Break track like that up into smaller pieces so that you can control the heartline and make sure it's straight enough.

Lastly, your supports were pretty good, but here's a very important tip on making great supports:

What you are doing leaves many awkward gaps in the supports. Here's one place where than happens:

435654173_ScreenShot2012-03-25at9_08_51AM.thumb.png.0a1bd37e9353aa06ec86a47a3c1d1f10.png

A simple way to fix it is by doing this:

492711768_ScreenShot2012-03-25at9_08_45AM.thumb.png.a562a5618cd3920606fc6d005398156f.png

Just keep one of the supports going the close up the gap, giving the supports a much more finished look.

Well thanks for the feedback but I have to correct you on a few things

First in the Stengel dive thingy the laterals I don't know what your seeing b/c it almost has NO lats at all, I've rode the coaster what seams like over a million times and do not see a lateral any where on this coaster above 0.8/0.9 max. From what I understand most designers try to keep lats at around 0.5, I try to keep mine under 1, so anything from 0.5 up to 0.9 is fine IMO.

Far as the pumps in the turns I notice that especially from the back of the train and I'm still trying to perfect it with my hands I'm a hand builder and never claimed to be an expert I am still learning every time I play this game.

Second the transport wheels on the brake run are needed on this coaster to bring the train to a stop, turn them off and watch the train crash into the station. Maybe it is a design flaw on my part I don't know, I just know I had to do what it took to bring the train to a stop without having the g's sky high and it works.

Far as having things parallel to each other and wasting space well that's just your opinion, I see nothing fake looking about it and who's to say there isn't other things like buildings and other rides in the space you claim that is wasted? For all you know this coaster was built around other things already in the park.

I do like and will try to implement your supports tip

^You shouldn't need transport wheels on brake runs. At blocks once the ride has slowed down, they're fine, but no roller coaster has transport wheels when the trains is flying into immediate brakes.

.9 lateral g's is still high, and not only that, but the shape of the Stengel Dive is awkward and would benefit from using more segments.

And find me a roller coaster with pieces of track that are very far from each other but are perfectly parallel.

I am not going to sit here an argue with you sir You have every right not to like my coaster that's more then fine with me!!! Constructive criticism is cool I wlecome that but that's not what your giving me imo, well except for your supports tip.

First:

RobWarren "Magnetic Brakes, however, cannot actually stop a train, just decelerate it. This is evident on drop towers, or magnetic brake runs on an incline. The train/car will slow, but require another device to stop it completely. That is why magnetic brakes are partnered with another form of braking (usually a fiction brake, hydraulic plunger, or TIRE DRIVE!!! to stop the train".

.09 might be high on the lateral side but I'm no B&M fan boy I want my coasters to be pushed to the MAX!!! I've designed a coaster called Full Throttle with a max speed of 106mph of course I want you to feel every bit of it, I know I wouldn't want to ride a coaster by that name and see that speed and then step off saying well that was forceless I feel like as long as the g's aren't flashing to yellow / red or even a full 1g of lats is more then acceptable a .09 of lats for a second

Far as my Stengel Dive thingy again that's your opinion, it's fine with me, I made it the g's are in check both pos and lats and I like it!!!

I don't have to find you anything! This is the way I designed the coaster. Like I said for all you know this coaster was built around other things already in the park like buildings and other rides use your imagination. Still you don't have to like it you have your right not too. Beside why would I want to design my coasters like something that's already out there, if I could find you a design that's like mine then imo it wouldn't be an original design since you can find it somewhere else.

I am not going to sit here an argue with you sir You have every right not to like my coaster that's more then fine with me!!! Constructive criticism is cool I wlecome that but that's not what your giving me imo, well except for your supports tip.

First:

RobWarren "Magnetic Brakes, however, cannot actually stop a train, just decelerate it. This is evident on drop towers, or magnetic brake runs on an incline. The train/car will slow, but require another device to stop it completely. That is why magnetic brakes are partnered with another form of braking (usually a fiction brake, hydraulic plunger, or TIRE DRIVE!!! to stop the train".

.09 might be high on the lateral side but I'm no B&M fan boy I want my coasters to be pushed to the MAX!!! I've designed a coaster called Full Throttle with a max speed of 106mph of course I want you to feel every bit of it, I know I wouldn't want to ride a coaster by that name and see that speed and then step off saying well that was forceless I feel like as long as the g's aren't flashing to yellow / red or even a full 1g of lats is more then acceptable a .09 of lats for a second

Far as my Stengel Dive thingy again that's your opinion, it's fine with me, I made it the g's are in check both pos and lats and I like it!!!

I don't have to find you anything! This is the way I designed the coaster. Like I said for all you know this coaster was built around other things already in the park like buildings and other rides use your imagination. Still you don't have to like it you have your right not too. Beside why would I want to design my coasters like something that's already out there, if I could find you a design that's like mine then imo it wouldn't be an original design since you can find it somewhere else.

I agree & this is why I stopped uploading my designs a couple years back....people for instance complained about using the pre-fab elements in my designs when they were hard enough for me to create that way than doing it 100% by hand.NL/RCT2 & 3 are just games/simulations after all & not an art school project that one is to be severely graded on

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands if they feel the need to critique peoples NL creations that harshly.

Really liked the design a lot, the ejector air in the back of that thing must be off the charts on the big hill after the 2nd launch!

Edited by A.J.

I've been waiting for all this arguing to stop before I posted my response. First of all, nobody likes to watch two people argue back and forth, it's kind of annoying. IMO, it was a very good ride! I loved the layout (and didn't care that the track was parallel, seriously!), and especially the quicker transitions. Really good job!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my vers.2.0 of Full Throttle, I tried to address some issues that were found with the first version, I also added a record breaking loop like the rumored SFMM full throttle coaster is supposed to have. Here's some stats 320 Foot Drop, 6770 foot track length, 205 foot vertical loop, 102 mph max speed multi-launched at 75/90 mph.

Track uploaded to TPR Exchange