TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

OK Coaster Geeks ... I need your help

Hello fellow coaster geeks,

My son and I are going to Deep South Bash this weekend. He's currently sitting at 88 credits and as you know, there are only 11 coasters at SFOG. I'm trying desperately to find another coaster that he may have ridden so he can hit 100 in GA.

So my question is, is the coaster seen below at the Ventura County Fair from 2008

The same as Screamin' Demon at Castle Park?

I know it's the same "type" of coaster, but is it the same coaster?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Robb ... time to search the spreadsheet for something I may have missed.

I can kick myself for not going to Scandia with Caesar and Cody when we saw them at Castle Park in July.

As for Dixieland, I thought about it. But don't really want to leave SFOG on Saturday, Sunday is a possibility, but I'm meeting my cousin I haven't seen in 25 years that day. Just depends on what the plans are ... I think we are going to do Stone Mtn (which I love).

Butler had two Fabbri spinning mice and sold one to Castle and kept the other and tours with it. That's why there's a lot of confusion with that. Internet posts from that time frame from here from a dude that seems to know these things says its a different coaster:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48031

Thanks for that Dirk:

It's the same model and theme, but not the same coaster. Hector had some photos of it under construction in July, but Pole Position was at the Ventura County Fair in August.

I actually found Hectors TR and he was right, this was in July of 2008 at Castle Park

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=617764#617764

And my picture was from August 2008.

So it is a different coaster!!! 89 for Josh!!!! And I guess one more for me too. Giggedy.

Yeah, its a total "WTF why" sort of thing getting two of the same coasters. I remember hearing that Shamrock Shows (another Cali carny company) had two Galaxis with one just sitting in storage for no good reason. No idea what is with California and duplicates.

I've had the misfortune of riding two Pole Positions, both of which were equally boring and painful. In 2009 I rode the remaining Butler Amusements one at the California State Fair; this year I rode a Crabtree Amusements one in Texas.

I hope to check out Castle Park at some point; it appears to be the only California park I need, other than Legoland, that has more than one coaster.

^^Sadly, I have ridden two Butler Amusements Wacky Worms, both in the same year.