TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going to SFMM in the distant future

In the future (Fall, Next Year) I might be going to Six Flags Magic Mountain. I will be spending a day there and I want to hit all the great coasters. I need a game plan to know when to go on the coasters, which coasters I could skip, and non-coaster advice such as where affordable, good food is. I will not be spending money on a Flash Pass. My younger sister wants to go on Revolution (first looping coaster for her), Ninja, and Terminator/Apocalypse. My priorities for coasters is to hit X2, Tatsu, Riddler's Revenge, and Goliath. Think that the scenario would take place on a regular summer weekday.

Thanks to those who respond.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what month your going because usually you won't have had any problems with lines in late august to mid november. This is what you should do...either ride revolution or take revolution's exit (shortcut) up to tatsu usually you can be the first rider of the day on Tatsu if you do that, then ride Ninja and SEFK most times with expect a 5 minute wait. After that go down to Apocalypse and Deja Vu because both of those lines get pretty long as the day goes on. Next ride Riddler's (expect 5-10minute wait), Gold Rusher(walk on), Green Lantern (Idk how long the line will be but hope under an hour), Batman( most times walk-on), then you can either go to Colossus, Scream, Goliath, or Goliath, Colossus, Scream. Most times you won't have big lines for those three. Next ride Revolution (if you did't ride it when you came into the park) then Viper ( most times you can walk on) then you should go get in line for X2 (expect anywhere from 45 minute to 3 hour waits so you should eat lunch if you haven't already) then just go around the park riding what you want to. This has worked for me every time I've gone this year except when I went during Spring Break. This plan also keeps you one step ahead of the GP because they always rush to Tatsu, X2, and Green Lantern first.

Do you know what month your going because usually you won't have had any problems with lines in late august to mid november. This is what you should do...either ride revolution or take revolution's exit (shortcut) up to tatsu usually you can be the first rider of the day on Tatsu if you do that, then ride Ninja and SEFK most times with expect a 5 minute wait. After that go down to Apocalypse and Deja Vu because both of those lines get pretty long as the day goes on. Next ride Riddler's (expect 5-10minute wait), Gold Rusher(walk on), Green Lantern (Idk how long the line will be but hope under an hour), Batman( most times walk-on), then you can either go to Colossus, Scream, Goliath, or Goliath, Colossus, Scream. Most times you won't have big lines for those three. Next ride Revolution (if you did't ride it when you came into the park) then Viper ( most times you can walk on) then you should go get in line for X2 (expect anywhere from 45 minute to 3 hour waits so you should eat lunch if you haven't already) then just go around the park riding what you want to. This has worked for me every time I've gone this year except when I went during Spring Break. This plan also keeps you one step ahead of the GP because they always rush to Tatsu, X2, and Green Lantern first.

Thanks. I didn't know you can hit almost all of the 18 roller coasters in one day. It's funny how all the waits are short until X2.

The guy above just posted the exact plan I was going to post. Follow that and you will be fine. Getting a ride on revolution will not be a problem, as long as you finish up the days plan first. (WARNING: It might ruin your day!!)

I'm not that interested to go on Revolution but my younger sister wants to ride it because it only has 1 inversion, so if she likes the Revolution, she can go on other looping coasters.

So wait, this trip is in 14 months???? Jeez...

Hahaha 14 months and it isn't even confirmed... seems a little early to talk about it if you ask me!

In the future (Fall, Next Year) I might be going to Six Flags Magic Mountain

Oh come on. Let's not complain about this now.

Thanks to all those who respond.

So wait, this trip is in 14 months???? Jeez...

Hahaha 14 months and it isn't even confirmed... seems a little early to talk about it if you ask me!

Couldn't agree with you more.

--Robb "Thread Closed." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey