TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood's Thrills in the Hills

Ok folks, only 8 days to go before Thrills in the Hills and I have a couple of slots left. Here are the highlights for your hard earned dollars:

- Welcome Reception Friday with ERT on Barnstormer and Slidewinder

- ERT Saturday on Thunderhead and Mystery Mine (with one free ride-photo each)

- Exclusive Pre-op tour at the Dollywood Express train shop

- Exclusive preview of a special summer attraction

- Breakfast and lunch on Saturday with NRCMA Auction and Q and A

- Exclusive seating for Dreamland Drive-in and behind the scenes tour

- Dixie Stampede add-on Saturday night

- DSC add-on Sunday with ERT

- Dollywood add-on Sunday

- First annual Midway Game competition

All that for about $85 (excluding add-ons) and only $50 for passholders (excluding add-ons). Sign up today!

Register Online: https://www.dollywood.com/forms/thrillsinthehills.aspx

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an attendee of this event every year since it started, I will plug this event and say that it is the best coaster event I have ever been to. Pete and the DW crew do everything in their power to make this event awesome and if you haven't been before, then you should. It is totally worth every penny! DW is an amazing place and Pete is an awesome guy!

(Pete, sorry that we won't make it this year as we just did a Texas trip and are broke, but we will be sad to miss it. Hope everyone has a blast!)

I forgot that my avatar on here is from the first TITH and the Thunderhead tour!

• 4 years later...

I'm bumping this, to ask if this event has been announced (already/yet) for this year?

Just me, worrying and planning waaay too far ahead.

And I would be so in for a Midway Game Competition, if they did that again.

I went to the site, or thereabouts, and found this.....

Dollywood's Thrills in the Hills 2016

Be the first to get behind-the-scenes access to the world’s fastest wooden roller coaster during Dollywood’s Thrills in the Hills!

The eighth annual Thrills in the Hills is set for April 8-9, 2016. The event includes exclusive ride time on some of Dollywood’s most popular roller coasters, including the much anticipated Lightning Rod, new in 2016! The event also includes a catered lunch and reserved seating during one of Dollywood’s award- winning shows. Guests enjoy rare behind-the-scenes tours of the coasters and a free event t-shirt, pin and patch.

For an additional fee, participants also can opt for a performance of Dolly Parton’s Dixie Stampede Dinner Attraction and a ticket to Dollywood’s Splash Country.

Pricing details will be released soon, online registration begins soon!

The itinerary for the 8th Annual Thrills in the Hills can be found http://dw.dollywood.com/dwpages/Pdf/TITH-Itenerary.pdf

Keep watching to purchase tickets.

1907325233_coastertwisting.jpg.7a798a709381431630f927fc924a37d1.jpg

From the DW site. True the dates are closer now, compared to other event weekends. But I always appreciate,

if they can give the dates and stick by them, as early as possible, the rest will follow. Sometimes it works.

Other times.....

i saw the tix are finally on sale for the TITH event, which i am planning on buying. does anyone know typical turnout for this event? (how many people). never been to dollywood before, looks like a good time.

and how confident are we that lightning rod will be open for this? pretty confident? i haven't been following construction in the off-season at all.

• 3 weeks later...

^ The itinerary they've (currently) posted for the weekend, shows ERT on Lightning Rod, etc.

http://dw.dollywood.com/dwpages/Pdf/TITH-Itenerary.pdf

Check 8-10 am on Saturday: One hour Pre-Op Tour of LR, then riding it for one hour!

Things can change of course, but hopefully, it won't for this event.

(EDIT To Add: Just thought I would bump this up, to give another option for LR riding, in the near future.)