TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Ride at Universal Orlando?

Coaster: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit, easily. Comfortable, good airtime, a unique design, and the music element is impressively implemented. Plenty of awesome songs to choose from and I was a bit surprised that you could clearly hear your song rather than a cacophony of everyone's choices.

Not a big fan of the other coasters. Mummy wins in theming, but not necessarily thrills. For the others I'd put Hulk first, then Fireball just above Hornball (I could swear people joked about calling it that, but I don't think it really took off...).

I don't think I have a favorite dark ride or other attraction. Call me easily impressed, but I was quite fond of most of them, from the popular, to the polarizing love-it-or-hate-it rides, to the widely panned, to the older and overlooked. Before visiting I was wondering if I wouldn't get into the park because I didn't grow up as a fan of the franchises like I did with Disney. But I love the park for the overall theming and attention to detail, rather than specific characters or brands. I enjoyed many rides I wouldn't have expected to based on theme alone.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragon Challenge Chinese Fireball was my favourite. The "hill" after the first immelmann was unique for an invert, plus the helix going into the loop had some crazy speed. For non-coasters, probably a toss-up between Spiderman and Transformers. Can't go wrong with 3D

Overall: Transformers - Fantastic ride. The wife and I rode it 5 time when we visited in December. Universal has a real winner. I'm surprised that USJ has received a copy yet, with Japan's huge love of all things giant robot.

Favorites by category:

Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Dark Ride: Transformers

Water Ride: Jurassic Park

Flat Ride: Dr. Doom

Show: Horror Make-Up Show