TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Holiday Thrill Expansion Corp." [RCT2]

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working on the atmosphere on a lot of my parks. Very big update I have for you all.

MYRTLE MAGIC:

SCR84.BMP

Been working on new buildings and attractions. A path was extended around "World of the Dream".

SCR85.BMP

Kid wood coaster.

SCR87.BMP

Dark ride, exterior.

SCR88.BMP

Inside the dark ride building.

SCR89.BMP

New kids section.

SCR90.BMP

SCR91.BMP

Beginnings of a scenic area.

SCR92.BMP

The flying coaster was completely redone into what I think is a keeper.

SCR93.BMP

The queue. The coaster is themed to a jungle-type expedition, so while waiting in line your surrounded by high hills and waterfalls.

SCR94.BMP

The features two moments of zero gravity. It's 115ft tall.

SCR95.BMP

Think it fits nicely into the park?

SCR82.BMP

In the middle of the ride, you dive into a waterfall complete with mist so you can't see where your going. This is what it looks like when you see through the ride...

SCR83.BMP

Regular vision.

The flying coaster is called"Expedition" at the moment, in light of a better name. That was MM's bug update...Holiday Thrill's update will come shortly.

^Thanks, guys. I'm still working on that dark ride building But for now,

HOLIDAY THRILLS:

SCR96.BMP

Getting a makeover.

SCR97.BMP

Pinnacle Plaza.

SCR100.BMP

Dusk got an actual station.

SCR99.BMP

Seagull Hunt's queue got rerouted for a new expansion next season. Also got a new station.

SCR101.BMP

Fierce Force got a makeover as well.

SCR103.BMP

"Fireclap" is the new ride at Holiday Thrills. It's 115ft tall, you can see it over the treetops as you drive down HOLIDAY THRILLS BLVD.

SCR108.BMP

You can see the majority of the layout.

SCR106.BMP

You stop, thinking the ride is over...but don't let your guard down.

SCR107.BMP

Before you know it, your launched to 62 mph to finish the journey!

SCR105.BMP

SCR104.BMP

Just in case if you were wondering what time it is.

This was the best I could do with the space I had. I had to reduce that first hill after the launch by 30ft or so, and it had to be trimmed heavily to keep down G-Forces, so I don't think there's any airtime, but there is another airtime hill after that...Personally, I like the original better- short and simple- but I'll see what opinions you guys have.

SCR111.BMP

Holiday Thrills Expansion Corporation would like to announce a few major happenings within our parks, and little tidbits of what you need to know.

Some may be concerned that "Holiday Thrills" is expanding too close to the road- we by saying that we own all the property you see on our map! Once you turn onto Holiday Thrills BLVD you've entered our property. We could build over and even a little on the other side of the road and not get in trouble for distracting drivers.

Both Holiday Thrills and Myrtle Magic are working to become world-class amusement parks, much like Disney. It'll take a few years, but we think we will be able to get there. "Expedition" at Myrtle Magic is a good example of what to come.

Also, Myrtle Magic's deal with Warner Bros. for the rights to Inception are about to expire, which means "World of the Dream" may be no more. Myrtle Magic is sad for their upcoming loss but thinks it's for the better- guests were getting tired of the same theming. The black-and-gray feel to the area also collided with the colorful and bright feel of the rest of the park. We'll see if Myrtle choses another theme to replace it- or just gets rid of a theme altogether.

Interesting.

I think the kiddie woodie could use a little bit more height. How fast does it go? It looks like it would be a bit slow, even for a kiddie ride. Your buildings are a bit blocky, too. Experiment with different looks or scenery peices, and you'll be well on your way to a much better atmosphere!

^Thanks, dude. And about 30mph, I believe.

I'm working on the buildings as we speak. Of course, an update;;

---

MYRTLE MAGIC

SCR112.BMP

If you havern't guessed by now, "World of the Dream" is getting torn down. I snapped some photos of the demolition process. Myrtle Magic also released a statement the other day about how the section of the park officially closed The last day of August. Anyone who decides to come during the fall will just see walls blocking you off. The disadvantage to this is that to you have to walk all the way around the construction site.

SCR113.BMP

Here's a shot of "Projectile" getting dismantled. Like I said, they are completely remodeling the area. They're also tearing down "Dreamstate", the B&M invert...

SCR115.BMP

The maze getting boarded up...guess they aren't keeping this. Shame, I know quite a few children that loved this thing.

SCR116.BMP

They're putting down some new footpaths...

Wow, what a dirt pit! I'm sure whatever they have in store is great, but that's next season. For this season, guests aren't treated to very nice views on the top of the drop tower if they're on the wrong side. Just a bunch of dirt.....well, I hope it's worth it....

"Internation Date Line"

SCR117.BMP

The skyline is very different at Myrtle Magic...

New this year in place of "World of the Dream", International Date Line is the new themed section at Myrtle Magic.

SCR118.BMP

The 4D theater was taken out to make room for a new entry plaza...

SCR119.BMP

Make your way under the arch. To the left is the path of South America, and to the right is the path of Africa.

SCR120.BMP

This is the South America section. There's an inverted B&M and a flat ride (Round Up). Cross a bridge over a river "Mini-Amazon". To the left is a south-american village, to the right is the modern city (Brasilia, Brazil)

SCR121.BMP

Not feelin' like South America? Well, take a right into Africa!

SCR122.BMP

"Volcano: The Lava Splash" dives right into a man made volcano.

SCR124.BMP

As you walk down the path, you are greeted with many exhibits of ancient Africa, modern day Africa, like museums, outside shows, and more.

SCR126.BMP

What do you think?

SCR129.BMP

Nice Great Bear influence on the Invert.

The theme is interesting I have to say.

Seems as though Topsail Island isn't getting much love, though.

The file corrupted opn that one. When I open it, it goes back to when I first started, and I'm sure as hell not redoing the whole thing.

Perfectly understandable.

I know my coasters don't exist in the real world, but I thought they're sill realistic because they're very much possible. But I guess that's not the case.

So I might just drop HTEC. I seem to be focusing on quantity of updates over quality. I guess I'll focus on the VirtuTPR thread and commenting on other people's work. Maybe in a few months I can cook up something good in the eyes other people. I don't know for sure.

I seem to be focusing on quantity of updates over quality.

That's how you improve, though. Take my park. I too started off cramming things in, but then i realized I had the foundations for a good park, so I rebuilt what I had, and improved. Sure, it's tedious, but the pay-off is more rewarding.

100 RCT years later, and I'm here where I am now, and I'm still not even close to finishing.

Don't just give up, because the more you do that, the less knowledge can be received when building new parks. My advice to improve both parks is research. Look at real Entrances, look at rides and their noctiable characteristics, and most Importantly, fix up those stations some more!

Nothing is wrong with the coasters, at least I think. Sure, for the limitations in RCT, you're doing well with that.

What you have right now is a good blueprint for a themepark, so continue to focus more on the park's infurstructure some more.

Braztaz, you have plenty of potential, but you need to concentrate more on the building then posting something new almost every day. In the end it will do your building a lot of good in the end. Try for weekly updates.

Well, if you look at a Myrtle Magic overview:

SCR132.BMP

You'll see that everything is all over the place and not organized like most other parks. It's the timeline that messed me up on this one. So, maybe I think, starting from scratch and really working on it would really benefit me, plus I'd get those B&M supports in!

Plus I think it's time to let HTEC go, finish off the timeline, and start a new beginning. Don't you think so?