TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disney trip advice

zeirdo

In my long planned West Coast trip (mostly national parks), I have one and a half day open for disney cali resort. This would we thursday 16 (afternoon and evening) and friday 17. What entertainment can I expect? Will there still be fireworks? Any tips on a plan of attack, knowing I've done disney paris twice? Also, i'm staying at the holiday inn on wallnut st, what would be the best way to get to the park?

Thank you for your time.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean September? If so, it's shouldn't be too busy until Friday afternoon as locals get out of School and work, some rides may be down due to Holiday make-overs (notably Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion) or since it's soon after summer ends some attractions may be down for refurbishment. You shouldn't have any trouble doing all the attractions over both days as long as you get an early start (at least for Friday) and use fastpass. If there are Fireworks and Fantasmic! playing, it will most likely only be on Friday night as mid September is considered off season. World of Color (if your interested in it) might still be playing nightly by then, but make sure to check Disney's website sometime next month as that is when September should go up.

As for the hotel, it's a great location and only about a 20 minute walk to the esplanade.

• 2 weeks later...

Knowing what month you are planning on going would help, also are you planning on going to both parks or just DL. I do counter rotation when I hit the park. Meaning people typically hit the park in a counter clockwise motion so they would start out in Tomorrowland. So I would do just the opposite and hit up the jungle cruise first. Although Jungle cruise, Indiana and Haunted I do prefer to so at night for atmospheric reasons. Near the entrance to Adventureland there is a board that list closures so check that out as well. Be sure to use your fastpasses and know that the later in the day you wait to hit up Splash the longer the wait will be because of the heat. But hey Go and have a Blast!!! I'll be there the first week of August.

• 1 month later...

On september 17th, I will be @ Disneyland (which is not bad, since I live over 10000 miles away)

I have just seen on the disneyland site that there will now also be fireworks @ 9.30 Pm and fantasmic at 10.30 Pm.

Can these two be combined? What is the best place to watch the fireworks and still be on time for fantasmic?

World of color is planned for the 16 th, i'm hoping i won't need a fastpass to get in to the viewing area, as this will be a slow thursday. I will be at the park around 3pm that day, so I fear that if I need fastpasses, I won't make it.

Just a heads up, Sept 17 is the day that the Halloween offerings start so its going to be insanely crowded at both parks.

Best Place for fire works is the hub. And yes, you can combine Fireworks and Fantasmic! into one night.

World of Color

You will not be allowed into the viewing area without a Fastpass, doesn't matter if its a slow day or a busy day. Fastpass is mandatory if you want to see WOC. Since you are arriving at the parks at 3pm and it looks like there is only one show scheduled for WOC on the 16th, I would recommend you reserving a dinner or lunch package that will guarantee you a fastpass for WOC.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys-california-adventure/world-of-color/

Bad news is there's only one showing of WoC on the 16, so it looks like you'll have to get a $15 picnic, or $37-40 dinner package in order to get yourself a fastpass for the show. Just remember to be there EARLY if you want a good spot for viewing and remember, the closer you are to the water, the wetter you WILL get.

You can either watch the first showing of Fantasmic! and stay at the Rivers of America for viewing the Fireworks, or you can Watch the Fireworks and still have plenty of time to get a decent spot for the second showing of Fantasmic! That is entirely up to you, but perfectly do-able without having to rush. My favorite spot to watch the Fireworks is at the end of Mainstreet on the right side, next to the Photo store, as close to the ropes you can get.

As the trip is approaching, this is my current plan.

16th:

arrive by 2 pm, pick up WOC picnic, eat picnic

then try to do cali screaming, flying, tower of terror, grizzly river run, ... any suggestions of order would be appreciated.

WOC @ 8 PM, the eat in downtown disney

17th:

DL, in counter clockwise rotation. as this is the first day of halloween, many people suggest this will be very crowded. what kind of lines are to be expected?

Again, best park order tips are greatly appreciated. The evening would be dinner by 7, fireworks at 9.30, fantasmic at 10.30

arrive by 2 pm, pick up WOC picnic, eat picnic

then try to do cali screaming, flying, tower of terror, grizzly river run, ... any suggestions of order would be appreciated.

WOC @ 8 PM, the eat in downtown disney

If I had to pick an order... I'd do Tower of Terror (by 2:00pm most people have made it through that part of the park), followed by California Screaming, backtrack to Soarin' and then hit Grizzly River Run as late as possible as the lines are busiest in the heat of the day... If fast passes are available for all rides at that time, I'd just go by the order of shortest return time.