TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"How To" (Basic Water Slide & Paths) RCT2

Hello RCT2'ers, in this "How To" I will be showing you how to make a basic water slide so you don't have the return lift showing and the slide will run a full capacity. In other words there is not just a single raft that slides down and then slowly reverses course back to the start. In this "How To" you will also be shown how to edit your slide after you thought you were done with it and how to build the tight paths down from the loading station and shown what happens when you try to build a path that crosses an invisible track and how to fix the issue. Also the basics of putting senery in at the loading and unloading stations.

This is probably the EASYEST hack you will ever do. With this ride/slide version there really is no merging involved. There is however the laying of track on top of invisible track. Slide merging to create racing slides will be in a different "How To" and so will Water Coasters.

What you need: Amazing Earls water slide ride (available at the bottom of this "How To")

The Dinghy Slide from the RCT2 game itself

Most current version of 8cars-v132 (page 13 in the RCT help thread)

SOB (Son Of Beast) trainer (optional)

Any water scenery items you may want, quarter tile waterfalls and such (available at in the download)

WARNINGS: Always save your game before you start any hack and save often under different names while hacking.

Never try to edit any invisible track EVER!, you will crash your game! Always make it visible again.

Never try to edit any track that has be laid on top of an invisible track, your game may crash. Raise it back up first.

OK, here we go, first I will show you how to make a normal waterside from there you can skip ahead to the finish or stick around and learn how to edit you slide once you thought you were done. Next will be how to put paths to the entrance and exit and show you how to fix the invisible ride/path conflict problem and finally putting in some splash down scenery. This is all so easy your going to love it and I hope to see working slides in every park that includes a water play area.

SCR01.JPG.6eaab1e306730fefee31aca7cdc608ba.JPG

Step 1: Build yourself a water slide. I always find it easiest to build backwards from the ground up. You can make it with as few as 1 station section at each end or as long as you want it to be. I have found that 3 works really well. Here's the break down, 1=1, 2=2, 3=3/4, 5=5 and so on. The reason I like 3 station sections is that it gives me 4 sliders and a decent gradual slowing of the guest on the slide when he reaches the end. With shorter stations the quest stops very hard and with longer ones the guest slows down to much to soon. You will also notice I a really build this with AE's Water slide not the Dinghy slide from the game. The reason for this is when you change track types or vehicle (in this cast the raft) in RCT2 you get lots of breakdowns. If you use the right track and vehicle in the first place this does not happen.

SCR02.JPG.d7c03f155bccf881eaaa02c13cbde5c9.JPG

Step 2: You need to connect the top and bottom of the ride. Do this in the shortest way possible you need to get the invisible rafts back to the top quickly. In this picture you can see the lift. You will need to put a tunnel on at the crest of the hill in order to keep the invisible rafts from flying off and crashing. You will notice that the crest is 5ft taller than the station. That is in case of a breakdown it will give the raft some momentum to get back to the station if it stalls on the lift. You may be wondering why the rafts would fly off the hill? Well I will explain that later.

SCR03.JPG.1b2903fba5d8fe8c3ea621d99be9607b.JPG

Step 3: This is what you should have when you are done. If you have several slides grouped together of course it is going to look a lot more crowded. Just try to keep them all straight by using different colors. Also if you your slides are really long you may want to put in FLAT section of lift right at the end of the exit station to give the rafts a boost to the lift hill. In this case the slide is short so it really is not needed.

SCR04.JPG.2ca6e42fbcf9ba17741d4668ce04f13c.JPG

Step 4: You need to get a second waterside started 10ft above the first. Once again make sure you use the water slide not the Dinghy slide. This time DO NOT put any kind of station on at either end. This track will be the one you see in the game.

SCR05.JPG.bdda1e2df3711f134d23974cd45e3440.JPG

Step 5: At this point you will need to exit out and get 8cars started. Once you do, Select "0" clearance in the miscellaneous tab and them select absolute. Go back to the game. You need this running because your are going to be hitting the original slide while you build the second one. Even if your slide never crosses over itself you will still need it when you hit a steep drop area. Once you finish following the slides course make sure you stop 1 tile space away from the station. You need this area to be blank when you make the ride invisible so you can put in water senery. At the end of the slide you can make the splash down area as long or short as you want. I usually leave about 4 sections off and start the splash down one section before the rider hits the beginning of the station. To keep things simple for this "How To" I made it only one section long.

SCR06.JPG.6fc68ba86e51cd733a2710031e66357f.JPG

Step 6: Once again exit out to 8cars. Go back to the miscellaneous tab and restore clearances. Then while your still out of the game hit the rides tab and find the first slide you made. Change the track type to Crooked House and then change the vehicle type to Dinghy Slide (the only reason we are doing this is to see the ride working). Next we need to adjust the speed of the lift. Set to at least 35. We want that raft to get back to the top as FAST AS POSSIBLE but at the same time there really is no need to go crazy about it. Regaurdless this is why you MUST put a tunnel at the crest of the lift hill. The tunnel will keep the raft on the track. Now chechmark make ride invisble and hit apply. Go back to your game and you should see what's pictured. Go ahead an test it. If you made a 3 section station you should have 4 rafts but only see 2 once the ride is testing. In this picture raft 1 is on the way down with a support pole in the middle of it and rafts 2,3 and 4 are all stuck together going up. Don't worry about the rafts being stuck it will fix itself when the ride is open.

SCR07.JPG.81323dc4bf2dd00529cc2705fc406f2c.JPG

Step 7: Exit back out to 8cars and find the second water slide. Set color to MAIN (unless you used a different color) and then set height offset to -2 (negative 2). Next put a check mark in raise or lower and uncheck make invisible if it is still checked. Then hit apply and go back to your game. When your done the slide should be at the same level as the station buildings.

SCR08.JPG.d301c50a2ee1165dd2ee38c4d26acd9c.JPG

Step 8: Test it out again. This time the rafts should be in the slide and only floating when they are on the lift going back to the top. If all looks good, exit back to 8cars and find your first water slide. All we are going to do is change the vehicle type back from Dinghy Slide to Water slide. Once you have selected Water Slide make sure nothing is check marked then just hit apply. YOU DID IT, you are technically DONE! From this point the ride should function properly and you can add you senery and footpaths. But...

SCR09.JPG.d02ab03f20626150ec0df94515d28fe9.JPG

Step 9: What if you are not happy with the slide you want to add some tunnels that you forgot to put in. Whatever you do, DO NOT try to edit the ride while it sitting on top of the invisible track. You will CRASH your game. We must first raise it back up. Simply exit back to 8cars, find your second slide. Set color to MAIN (or whatever you used), set the height offset to +2 (not ZERO (0) but POSITIVE 2). Check mark raise or lower and hit apply. Go back to your game an make your changes. One thing you will notice for the first time is you will see height marks floating in space. That is your invisible track. It is of course still there and still has clearances. So if you change some part of the ride were it will make contact with the invisible slide you will need to exit out to 8cars and "0" clearance absolute again.

SCR10.JPG.c229c83711efe1bdd052cdb4c310b226.JPG

Step 10: First thing you will notice about this picture is that the Dinghy Slide rafts are back. I did that on purpose. If "I" had changed mine at this point the rafts could not be seen so I left my as Dinghy Slides just for the pictures. Anyway, now that you have your new visible slide altered to suit your needs we just need to lower it back down. So exit back to 8cars and find Water Slide #2 again, set color to Main, height offset to -2 (negative 2) and put a check in the box for raise/lower. Hit apply and once again go back to the game. Your newly altered slide it ready to go. Just put on some paths and open it up. But...

SCR11.JPG.8b45f52df38f1f8cfd73afe4ae428870.JPG

Step 11: Now we have PATH ISSUES. You will find that when you make a slide it is a huge challenge sometimes to get the path down to the ground, a super challenge when you have more than one slide. This is the best way to get down in the least amount of space. You need to find the path you want to use and attach it like what is shown in the picture. The reason you do this now is because we are about to do a lot of "0" clearance's. One you "0" clearance it will be almost impossible to attach to the entrance. So if at all possible do it first!

SCR12.JPG.801a527d2d89d40968a66ce5133623a3.JPG

Step 12: Now exit out to 8cars and "0" clearance absolute again. Why absolute you might ask since we can use relative instead and not get all the glitches. Well the reason is you have an invisible track out there and if you hit it with relative the game will not allow you to pass through and in this case you may have noticed from the last picture the I did hit the invisible track. Go check the picture again if you didn't notice. The path makers next square is lit up in the ground but the ghost path that is pictured here is missing indicating that I hit something and can go no further. So save yourself some time and just use absolute. Since we already attached a section of path to the entrance we are ready to go. Start on your way down.

SCR13.JPG.2322e1034886b846f750b7bd09e4fdcb.JPG

Step 13: Once you make it around back to where a path you have laid down while in the current "0" clearance mode you will be stopped by the game. Guess what, it's a clearance issue. You will have to exit out to 8cars each time you hit this spot on the way down. in this case I had to "0"clearance 5 times to get to the bottom. But it was well worth it because of the amount of space I saved.

SCR14.JPG.97f5fe33c5b741ddb7d67bc4e8392b6c.JPG

Step 14: As you can tell we made it to the ground. Now we need to go work on the exit. You will notice that the game is still set at "0" clearance. Keep it that way and move to the exit.

SCR15.JPG.5168286fb8cc04ce3ae5b0802b413400.JPG

Step 15: Now, being on the ground even though we are "0" clearance it is easy to attach to the exit and I did. HERE'S THE PROBLEM!. When we try to pass through the invisible track of the water slide a gap appears in the pavement even though I have the footpath selector set on continuous build mode. Why did this happen? The answer is... I have NO IDEA! It has something to do with being at the exact same level as the invisible track and BOTH are FLAT. If you recall and if you don't you will see a picture next of what I am talking about. That very spot is where the water slide track finishes it's curve back around and is about to head upwards. It is FLAT, just like the path that is trying to cross through it is. And like magic what was so simple turns into a mess. Guests can't get out, mechanics and handymen can't get in.

SCR16.JPG.62e2318d85ef451f57880cfb75eff929.JPG

Step 16: Fixing this issue. I want to start off by saying this may never happen to you and I could have avoided it if I would have just turned and went the other way or built the exit building on the other side. Here's the big BUT... chances are at some point your paths are going to cross something that is you made invisible and this issue is going to happen. Don't think it only happens on the ground either it can happy at the entrance also while you are trying to get your path down to the ground. The simplest way to avoid this is to just ALWAYS build your paths BEFORE you make your ride invisible and lower the other one. Then you will never have this problem. However if for any reason you go back and change any path near an invisible track years later in the game, it can happen then. So here's how to fix it. We need to raise the top water slide back up 10ft. So exit out to 8cars, find the water slide 2 and set color to Main, height offset to +2 (positive 2) and check mark raise/lower. Then hit apply. Next we need to find water slide 1 and make it visible again. So we change the track type back from Crooked House to it's original state of Water Slide and hit apply (make sure that both raise/lower and make invisible are NOT checked). Go back to your game and this is what you should see.

SCR17.JPG.ddc8d6c5ac4ada5367269024ce927f0f.JPG

Step 17: Now we can fix this stupid path issue. If your still at "0" clearance just build right through if not you will need to be. Once done you can get rid of the footpath maker. I strongly suggest you give the area a good look around and think about what you might do in the future so you can lay out your paths before we have to go through this again. In the next picture you can see I did make a change in the paths. I added a water slide viewing area. Believe it or not even though really didn't alter the path we just fixed expect to connect to it, if the slide was invisible the gap would have shown up again.

SCR18.JPG.34563aa7de41ddd0ee60a9b3f4d64406.JPG

Step 18: We need to make water slide 1 invisible again so exit out to 8cars and find slide 1, change the track type back to Crooked House and put a check mark in the Make Rides Invisible box and hit apply. Remember I am keeping mine vehicles Dinghy Slides just for the pictures, you should have switched back to water slide vehicles a long time ago. Next up is lowering Waterside #2 back down. Set color to Main (or whatever your used), set height offset -2 (negative 2), put a check mark in raise/lower (make sure make invisible in not checked) and hit apply. Now everything should be back to normal. In the picture I am showing you once again that when testing you get 1 raft and then the rest are stuck together. I took this shot because the one's stuck together were a little off and thought you might like to see it, of course yours should be invisible at this point.

SCR19.JPG.80a5939f1b548d365486f667a404dd74.JPG

Step 19: Since we are using the Crooked House to make the ride invisible the ratings you will get will be that of a Crooked House so this is were you will need to use the SOB trainer. So exit your game and start it up.

SCR20.JPG.addc19c72f059647b9b63d703b84959b.JPG

Step 20: Once the SOB trainer is up and running select the rides tab and then modify rides. One in, you need to find your water slide. So locate water slide 1 and it should have ratings similar to what was on picture above. Change the Excitement, Intensity and Nausea to whatever you want and put a check mark in the Freeze Ratings box for each that you changed. Keep SOB running and go back to the game. We have a few more things to do.

SCR21.JPG.2d16097bccbb48755bfe4e22816d4b95.JPG

Step 21: At this point you really need to get the ride running so either keep it on test or open it up. Doing this helps hold the ratings you set with the SOB trainer. Ratings are a unpredictable with SOB. Sometimes they stick and other times no matter what you do they just won't. Don't worry about it. Guests still like to ride Crooked Houses and will still ride your slide. There will just be less of them than what you may want. In this picture you can see where we need to do some work. Right now the guests are starting their ride floating in mid air and ending with grass in their teeth. Like I stated before, I usually make the splash zone at the end about 4 sections long but in this case I only used one.

SCR22.JPG.33d95e24f0539c8efc4185f1c8345c5b.JPG

Step 22: Find your water senery and arrange it at the end of the ride, use as much or as little as you want. Put up a wall to simulate keeping the water contained. If your not still at "0" clearance you will need to do so in order to place your senery. Remember there is still a station there you just can't see it.

SCR23.JPG.3b03db76edfb7844478062bdc791501f.JPG

Step 23: Putting the senery at the rides start. This can be a bit tricky and you may be tempted to just hit construct on water slide 1 and make the construction box show up under the station so you know where to go. DO NOT DO IT! You will CRASH your game! You just have to eyeball it and since you have to be in "0" clearance mode it just makes it that much more difficult. Keep raising and lowering your senery items till you get the right spot. Once you have one scenery item in place the rest should be easy. Just use the "control" key to place everything else at the same height. Of course if you were to build a slide complex like I did several times in Pirate Bay the challenge just increased, just as the challenge to get paths down from the uppers stations became a huge hassle.

SCR24.JPG.0b74c80d092cc4be41a4b95408837973.JPG

YOU ARE DONE! The only thing left to do is enjoy watching your creation and some major custom supports if your into that kind of thing. If you want to see this slide in operation for yourself there is a download of it below. Of course I fixed up the place quite a bit. I have no idea why, it just happened. Enjoy and Good Luck with your water slides! If you need any help please speak up. I will try to help you anyway I can.

AE-WSLID.DAT

AE's Water Slide, if you do not have this in your game already you will need it to make water slides. It is non-exporting so you have to put it in manually.

Basic Water Slide.SV6

Here is the small park with this version of a water slide. The park is open and also has food, drinks, restrooms and 2 coasters running to keep the guests busy and happy.

Edited by dmaxsba2408

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tutorial. These are a good thing to have on the site. To take this hack one step further, the unsightly entrance/exit huts can be made invisible using a simple hack that is in the first post here.

http://forums.nedesigns.com/index.php?showtopic=20618

After that's done, instead of a tile queue, I like to make an invisible path up to the top and then use scenery to make more realistic looking stairs at the same height of the path.

^ That would definitely be a really cool addition to this kind of ride and for that matter every RCT ride, I am going to have to give that a try very soon. Wish I would have found that before I made the water park. Really would have come in handy.

Also at ^ there was a post you made in my water park thread mentioning how you wanted to take apart my Lazy River and try to see how I did it. I was thinking about doing a how to on in a few weeks, it is very complicated. Are you still wanting to figure it out on your own or would you rather me just show you and everyone else. If you would like to try it on your own I will wait till the park is released in a month or so and then post a "How To" about it after you've had a go at it.

For the sake of not making these "How To" topics any more of a challenge than they already are for people trying this stuff for the first time I think I will not be adding in that entrance/exit trick into these topics. I think it was at NE that I learned how to rotate the entrance/exits for the first time and I used that several times in the water park I sent to them a few weeks ago. I didn't share any of those pictures with anyone though. Everyone will see it soon enough when the park comes out. The 6 racing slides entrance area is something to see. It confuses me every time I go back and look at it. Being able to remove the entrances would have made it a lot less crowded in that area and a lot easier to see what I was doing.

I already know how to do the whole lazy river thing. I just didn't think I had seen the lazy river boats for the track before.

Also, that invisibility hack isn't simply limited to entrance/exit huts. It can be used to make any piece(s) of track, scenery, or path invisible.

Goliath513, I must have misunderstood what your were talking about in Pirates Bay thread. If you still need the rafts they are at RCT-Mart. They were made by Methusalem. There is also an other version located in RCT-Marts lost and found area. If I would have known that was all you needed I would have just directed you to the file(s).

Sorry.

As for Maze Mode, I just tried it. It ran just fine when it was a complete circuit, so then I tried the just the water slide part by raising the cover slide up. Made the invisible slide visible and removed the lift. In maze mode the ride did not error trap but did however crash.

SCR25.JPG.5271faabb551a62c6709ab7f2167f8e2.JPG

A picture of the ride crashing when set in Maze Mode with the lift removed.

• 4 months later...

okey so ive been working on doing this, the only thing is that when i use the 8 cars per trainer sometimes it crashes. so when i go to edit rides it just says random numbers and weird signs in the drop down menu when you click on a ride. so i uninstalled it and installed 8 cars per trainer again. but it was still there! what do i do?

okey so ive been working on doing this, the only thing is that when i use the 8 cars per trainer sometimes it crashes. so when i go to edit rides it just says random numbers and weird signs in the drop down menu when you click on a ride. so i uninstalled it and installed 8 cars per trainer again. but it was still there! what do i do?

Basically you just restart and pray. If you're on Vista. 8 cars crashing is anything but out of the ordinary.

Basically you just restart and pray. If you're on Vista. 8 cars crashing is anything but out of the ordinary.

thanks! i guess ill just do my best!

^ So I take it your system is running Vista or Windows7? If the is the case you are in for some very times.

Checked my email today and saw your comments on the water park. First let me say thanks for the kind words, as for how long it took me well... the download has the correct game year on it so if you figure each RCT game year is about one hour that's how much actual work time was spent on the park. Forgive me I am not at home right now and don't have access to RCT at the moment so I can't load in the park an see what the actual year is on the game.

Also... WELCOME TO TPR! Happy you used the link from YouTube and checked out the site.

Just a heads up, the proper use of the English language is very important here. They can be very strict about it so try to always use good grammar. Meaning, use a spell checker (if needed), always use CAPTIAL LETTERS where they belong and never use text type when you post comments or topics.

Anyway, I will try to help you get things to work out but I have to be honest and say I have XP and everything works just fine for me. I have to rely on other members like braztaz to handle questions that have to do with Vista or 10ryansmith for issues with Window7.

^ Now dont be labeling me as the goto guy for windows7. Im still having issues with it.

And for the time and effort on that water park is crazy.

By the way, love these how-to threads. I have used all of them and they work perfectly, so a big thaks from me.

Really I need to know what system you running on?, Vista - XP - Windows7 - 98 - ME?, in order to know what to say. From what your describing it sounds like a Vista issue. In Vista just about everything works except raising and lowering. It will usually crash out. So when I see what your working with I can try to point you to where the answers are on how to get around it or direct you to someone who can work with you to try and get it figured out.

I want you to succeed! , but sometimes older programs like 8cars are very unfriendly to newer systems.

Also PLEASE fix your lack of capitalization in your posts before they (mods) shut you down.

Vista has to be the worse system to work on for 8 cars. of all the functions that can be preformed on 8 cars, that too is the only one that does not work for me. Sad though, because that function there is the one way to merge tracks to make more realistic coasters.

One way to fight this problem is to make the waterslide operation mode on freefall. It has a very little capacity; however, it still works.

If you could find your way onto a Windows XP operating system, the issues you're having should dwindle away.

I am on vista. wow, they will really shut you down if you use too much capitalization? but ya im on vista. so thats the only thing that wont work? greatness. thats okey though, i'll just use the other computer.

No, they will shut you down for not using it correctly. ...and your post is full of that.

Yes, if you have access to another computer that is running XP your problems will for the most part go away. Don't get me wrong, crashes still happen. That's just part of hacking any game but they will not happen as often. Always SAVE your game before doing any hack and save it under several different names while working on it.

I am on vista. wow, they will really shut you down if you use too much capitalization? but ya im on vista. so thats the only thing that wont work? greatness. thats okey though, i'll just use the other computer.

No, they will shut you down for not using it correctly. ...and your post is full of that.

Yes, if you have access to another computer that is running XP your problems will for the most part go away. Don't get me wrong, crashes still happen. That's just part of hacking any game but they will not happen as often. Always SAVE your game before doing any hack and save it under several different names while working on it.

Ah yes, I've gone up 14 saved games of the same park!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have SOB but i was wondering.

Can you make the water ride, zero clearence another track exactly the same as a dummy track. Make the first one invisible?

Then i know the boats are going to be showing climbing up a invisible lift hill. ( does this apply for AE waterslides) Is there anyway to conceal that?

I don't have SOB but i was wondering.

Can you make the water ride, zero clearence another track exactly the same as a dummy track. Make the first one invisible?

Then i know the boats are going to be showing climbing up a invisible lift hill. ( does this apply for AE waterslides) Is there anyway to conceal that?

Zero clearenceing track on top of that coaster produces white glitches.

The swimers are actually non veiwable unless a peep technically rides, but since they depart of, the 'boats' are invisible, too.

It's not techincally over. But with. But it didn't do that when i stacked 2 info kiosks, one invisble on bottom, the top one visible for the information shop.

And if that doesn't work. I could build below the first water slide. Then height offset it.

This would be much easier then Dmaxsba's way.. Although it might have some glitches.

And also would this apply when the track is first invisible then zero clearenced? Or would it have no diffrence as to having the track still visible then zero clearancing it.

And 14? CP6 at NE said there is more then 650 saved games of his park Six Flags Carolina