TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion and Virginia Beach Advice

^ Six Flags America. But I warn you, it kinda... sucks.

That is a matter of opinion there buddy, I always have rather enjoyed SFA. Sure its mostly clones, however it is the only park where you will not have to wait for said clones. This year the park has been great anyhow. In fact, most people I have taken to both KD and SFA say they enjoyed SFA more because of shorter waits and friendlier staff! how bout them apples?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can start getting into the park as early as 9:30? Interesting!

So without giving away any Spoilers... what basically is DarkCastle and Corkscrew Hill?

We will probably skip Pompeii, since it looks like you get drenched and we're not up for that

Are there any major rides at BG closed right now for rehab?

^ Six Flags America. But I warn you, it kinda... sucks.

That is a matter of opinion there buddy, I always have rather enjoyed SFA. Sure its mostly clones, however it is the only park where you will not have to wait for said clones. This year the park has been great anyhow. In fact, most people I have taken to both KD and SFA say they enjoyed SFA more because of shorter waits and friendlier staff! how bout them apples?

I agree with that. I used to think KD was heads above SFA, but the past couple seasons SFA has been a better place to enjoy a day, imho. The longer lines and all around less fun collection of coasters at KD are a major minus, and lately in my visits I've had plenty of issues with other guests. Plenty of rude people. The best was a lady in line at FoF last season who kept having these younger kids cutting the line to join their group already in line. Finally after another kid after a few cut by all of us while we were waiting by the UFO I saw where they were all going so I yell over at her that they need to stop cutting in line. Then she starts screaming at me "This is my kid, I need to have my kid in line with me!!! Blahblah!!!" To which I respond "You've been waiting in line for 40 minutes and you've been doing fine without your kid until now!"

So without giving away any Spoilers... what basically is DarkCastle and Corkscrew Hill?

We will probably skip Pompeii, since it looks like you get drenched and we're not up for that

DarkKastle is a dark ride using 3D projection technology similar to IOA's The Adventures of Spider-Man. Corkscrew Hill is a simulator (themed to Irish mythology) similar to Star Tours.

If you sit in the middle rows of Pompeii, you probably won't get too wet.

Hey I am planning to go to BGW this saturday and I was wondering if anyone knows how much tickets are at the gate? Thanks

They are $59.99. There are plenty of ways you can get discounts on the tickets though. I'm a AAA member so I get in $5 off, just in case you are or are going with someone who is.

Thanks to my Wife's Travel Agent discount, we'll be getting into Busch for only $29.99 each.

So no advice on great places to eat in Virginia Beach? Or any other good sites there?

Oh, also.... I'm trying to find out if Virginia Beach Amusement Park has closed. I know there was no coaster there, but still. One google-searched site said it did close, and the phone number I called had a "Fax-Sound"

One more thing... Is there anything left of any nearby "closed" amusement parks... Ocean View, or recommended others.