TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Going To New York City this fall

Hey guy's, this fall im going to New York City:D for the 2nd time and i have a couple of question to ask:

1st:

Im going to stay in the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Tribeca and i was wondering what to do in Tribeca. Apparently it's the center of downtown NYC?

2nd:

Well im a Techno geek because i really love MP3 Players and also Keyboards/Piano etc... so i was wondering what is the best electronic store in NYC. I heard that J&R is the best store but is there another store that is like J&R (not best buy because i have those where i live)

3rd:

I really love italian food and what is the best italian restaurant in NYC?

4th:

Im going there in a car and im from Toronto (aurora) Canada and how long do you think it's gonna take?

Im going to NYC because my Uncle (from Montreal) is going to run the Marathon there and i think it's the 31st of October (HALLOWEEN:D)

Im so excited hehe:) because it's going to be also my birthday present (October 7th)

Thanks for the help, oh and im going to post some pictures about the trip too.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't spend much time in Tribeca during my trip this summer, but it's within relatively easy walking distance of the WTC site, Staten Island Ferry, Battery Park, the Financial District, and Chinatown/Little Italy. Anything in the city is easy to get to on the subway. The subway is clean, safe, and gets you anywhere pretty quick. Navigating the system can be tricky, but most hotel concierge desks can give you an easy to use, double-sided subway map that was more helpful than any of the iPhone apps I tried to use. If you confine yourself to seeing stuff in Tribeca during a trip to NYC, you're really going to miss out on a lot.

For Italian, there are a number of good places in Little Italy on Mulberry St. north of Canal.

I was raised in Brooklyn.

J&Rs are everywhere, nothing special, infact they're more expensive on the island.

Good Italian foods in Brooklyn, Grimaldi's infact is right across the bridge, best pizza in the world. For dinner expect a 30-45 minute wait on weekdays, longer on weekends.

If you want to see the true NY stay outta midtown, go check out Washington Square area, Bohemia as they say. Best place ever.

If your a sucker for tourist traps, go ahead and stay around lower Manhattan.

Im going to NYC because my Uncle (from Montreal) is going to run the Marathon there and i think it's the 31st of October (HALLOWEEN:D)

Ahh, jealous! I ran the marathon last year but didn't get in this year. It's on November 1 - I have friends running in it so I'm sure I'll go watch it at some point.

You could check out the WTC site since you'll be fairly close. I've been around there a bunch of times since 9/11 but haven't really taken a close look at what's there - just don't really want to be reminded of that day. But I'm sure it's interesting to see!

I'd say take the Staten Island Ferry for a free ride that offers a nice view of the Statue of Liberty and lower Manhattan. Central Park is also worth visiting. That's where the last 2 miles or so of the marathon takes place.

John's Pizzeria on Bleeker Street is quite good and popular for Italian food. There's also one in the theatre district. I always tell people visiting to stop by the Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes (or any of their amazing baked goods). The original is also on Bleeker Street, but others have popped up at Rockefeller Center and the upper west side.

I'd also recommend seeing a Broadway show if you can. There are lots of ways to get good deals on tickets, such as lotteries, student rush, and TKTS. My personal favorite show these days is Hair.