TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coaster size restrictions

Geoff

^ Glad you had a great time f3aredricka. I'm off in 18 days. Going to be on a strict diet until then to make sure that I'm able to get on everything. Can't wait especially as I'll get to ride Big Bad Wolf before it closes. I've always wanted to go on this ride since I saw it on laserdisc years ago.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found out I may be heading to Ohio to...

A. Visit family relatives in Lorain Ohio.

B. Go to Ceder Point as we have 4 free tickets.

So now I wonder how I may fit on the coaster I want to may want to ride. I probably will not do some of the really fast and bigger dropping coaster because I enjoy the looping, inversion ones and wooden coasters. So some of those I may have trouble in because a few of those may be similar in seat type as Great Bear in Hershey. Which ones may I have trouble in.

The toughest fits for me were in this order: Wicked Twist, Topthrill Dragster, Millenium Force.

If you can fit into TTD and MF DO NOT PASS THEM UP. Even if you don't like those types, you've likely never road a coaster like these, they are 100% badass. Take the extra 10 minutes in line to ride the front row too, TRUST ME. The maverik is also VERY badass and its seating is easy, they built the seats with plenty of room for us fatties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a lot has been said about the rides at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I hate that I have gained so much weight since my coaster trip this summer, but alas, I've once again fallen in the battle of the bulge, and I'm planning on heading up there the first week of October.

Can anyone give me a heads up about the park? Tight fits on coasters and flats? Does Apollo's Chariot fit better/similar to say Diamondback or Raging Bull? How do the "big-boy" seats on Alpengeist fit?

Argh! Why is it that food is just so damn tasty?!?

• 2 weeks later...
Not a lot has been said about the rides at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. I hate that I have gained so much weight since my coaster trip this summer, but alas, I've once again fallen in the battle of the bulge, and I'm planning on heading up there the first week of October.

Can anyone give me a heads up about the park? Tight fits on coasters and flats? Does Apollo's Chariot fit better/similar to say Diamondback or Raging Bull? How do the "big-boy" seats on Alpengeist fit?

Argh! Why is it that food is just so damn tasty?!?

We've just got back and the only ride I couldn't get on was Millenium Force at Cedar Point. The seat belt on there must be sooo tight. Had no problem on anything else including Top Thrill Dragster.

Re Busch Gardens; I had no problems at all there. Couple of big boys seats in each car on Alpengeist (although I managed to get on the normal seats, hurrah!) and loads on Griffon. I didn't have any problems with any of the B&M mega coasters during my trip. In fact they were my favourite ride type of the whole trip, especially Nitro which was amazing and definitely the best coaster we rode, closely followed by El Toro which was insane!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some notes about a couple of the parks...

Dollywood is very forgiving of larger people. Tennessee Tornado has ample room, (I've never seen someone denied a ride on it) and Blazing Fury barely has restraints. Thunderhead's MF trains are a bit tight in the seat, but Dollywood has a seat belt extender! My wife and I, (we're both large people) can ride in the same row on Thunderhead due to the extender.

The two rides anyone will have trouble with at DW are Timber Tower and Mystery Mine. Both rides have test seats, so make sure to try them. Timber Tower has a formed plastic seat with a leg divider and over the shoulder restraints. Basically, if you can fit in a Top Spin, you should be able to ride TT without problems.

MM is unusual... only over the shoulder restraints, no lap belt. The restraints aren't ratcheters like most rides, but use hydraulics instead... there's no 'click' point to reach. (Where you pull the restraints down to is where they stay.) In order to ride, the green lights behind your seat must be lit. So, pull the restraint down to where you feel comfortable, and adjust from there.

BGE: I have a 54" chest, so I have to use big boy seats on every B&M that has them. I can barely fit into Alpengeist, but that was two years ago... if they shortened the belts this year, I doubt I can fit. Apollo's Chariot is usually not a problem... I've only been denied a ride once on it. Loch Ness is never a problem, although I do suggest if you're tall, ride in the front row!

Squid