TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags America 5/31/09

They are pretty much the same except that SFDK has slightly tighter turns and a different pre-lift section because it uses millenium flyers. SFA came before the millenium flyers and it uses PTC's. Therefore the transitions are more spread out and whatnot.

• Like 1

I've been to SFA four (well, three-and-a-half) times, and I've yet to see that rapids ride in operation--although I did get to ride Skull Mountain.

The rapids ride was open when I went there this past September. I've been to the park twice and no Skull Mountain for me.

& Is Roar at SFA the exact same as the one at SFDK???

Yeah, but the SFA version is a pile of crap since it uses PTC trains. The ride experience is downright terrible in every way (slow, rough, boring, bad transitions, etc). PTCs on a GCI is like mixing Cedar Fair and Geauga Lake (meaning the first one destroying the other). The only exception to this is the PTC trains on Boulder Dash since it was recently retracked by GCI, but even that was originally a CCI, so the trains actually work with the design.

Glad to see an update from this park. Bummer that the old Wild World water slides are just sitting there. They were fun to ride.

No appologies needed on the Rapids shot. The thought is worth it's weight in gold my friend.

Oh, and this has be one of the funniest things I've ever read:

This is the park's other train. Her name is Beatrice. For $5, she'll do things Sir Topham Hat never dreamed of.

Yep, GREAT report!