TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A review of Six Flags St Louis found on Trip Advisor.

^ That's kind of my problem with Trip Advisor....I don't think most people are "constructive" they just want to complain or bash. And personally when I read a review like that I believe it's exaggerated.

--Robb

I'd agree with this: I've done a lot of research on the Europe trip and Scandi trip hotels we stay in for threads on the trip boards, and believe me, as much as I might take FACTS from TripAdvisor (things like where a reviewer mentions a gym down the street where guests get discount that I can then verify exists from other sources even though it may not be mentioned on the hotel website), I rarely pay attention to the reviews. Some of the absolute best hotels I've stayed in on these trips, Europe specifically, have had HORRENDOUS reviews on TripAdvisor.

How many of us write letters of complaint when something goes badly at a hotel or restaurant? I'd bet a fair chunk. How many of us write a letter when we receive EXCELLENT service, or when a hotel is truly fantastic? I'd bet very few. I know for sure that I don't. I SHOULD, but I don't. It works the same way.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also agree about Trip Advisor, people are so much more likely to go on there and post a review if they have had a bad experience.

We've been away on flight/hotel packages before, read up on the hotel about how bad it was and when we got there found it to be perfectly adequate. I dont know whether people exepect 4 star service at 2 star prices, or some other reason. I have actually been on Trip Advisor to rate the same hotels after and tell everyone they aren't bad at all.

Theres some statistic that says if you have a bad experience you'll tell 10 other people, if you have a good one you'll only tell three. Or something like that anyway. I can't actually comment on the SF story as I've never been there.

Theres some statistic that says if you have a bad experience you'll tell 10 other people, if you have a good one you'll only tell three.

I'm not being pedantic and correcting you, I just want to point out that it's even WORSE than that, we're a bunch of whiny gits, it's *11* people for a bad experience compared to *1* for a good one, according to at least one study!! But hey, we all like a good whinge.