TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Millennium Flyer Trains - Weight?

eyeamthu1

Hiya - just a very quick question - I'm doing a project on roller coaster design at university, and we're designing a GCII coaster... But we need one vital stat - the weight (mass) of a typical Millennium Flyer train (12 cars). Does anyone have a rough estimate as to what that figure may be, as I can't find the info anywhere online. I've tried emailing GCII, but just wondered if anyone knew, or could at least come up with a pretty good guess as to what it is!

Thanks,

Alex

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ On that note, maybe they're called "Millennium Flyers" just to throw us off...

If you read the TR from the TPR China trip, you'll see how one Chinese company tried to copy the Arrow ride style, so an attempt to duplicate a successful line of coaster trains wouldn't surprise me.

Eric

Perhaps you could pretend that "you're doing a school project and need the information"?

...or you could be honest and send them an email asking. Chances are that you are going to get shot down, but there is no sense in lying to get what you want.

One other thing you could do is try to model a train yourself, with pictures and/or videos of the train. Then let the program calculate the weight. Since your attending Uni, you should be able to acces a CAD program.

The model doesn't have to be that detailed, just about the same dimensions.

Also, your project isn't gonna fail because you got the weight wrong. It's the approach, calculations and final report that matter.

^ Very true. Currently, we're going to use an estimate of 200kg per car = 2400kg per empty train. This is on the basis that a PTC 6-person car (like used on Rebel Yell) weighs around 550kg... so we're guessing that if split up into 3 'single-row' cars, they'd be around 200kg each (adding on a bit extra). No email back from GCII yet!