TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Kings Island 5/3/08

Well I've watched so many videos on the site, my only real reason for originally becoming a member, I think it's time I gave something back, and a trip report sounded like a reasonable thing. And being 20 minutes away from Kings Island with a season pass in my wallet, why not be at my local amusement park?

So I arrived about 11:20 AM, headed into Rivertown to ride the rennovated Tomb Raid... er, The Crypt! Having already done it once, I was looking forwards to an amazing and intense ride, but I found it to be closed. No worries, onto Italian Jo... er, Backlot Stunt Coaster!

Train before ours...

There it goes!

So I get into the back row of the back car, put down my restraint, and get ready for the launch... or not. The rain (I didn't mention there was rain, did I?) started to pour, so we had to exit the train and ride. I waited under the station in case the weather would clear up, but after 30 minutes I gave-up and headed to Shake, Rattle, and Roll, aka Troika.

After a ride on S,R,&R, I headed down Coney Mall.

Drunk driving is a BAD thing, look at what happend on Dodgems!!!

The rain started to clear up, so I headed onto Scrambler.

Afterwards, I got myself a cheese coney from Skyline Chili and headed down into Action Zone, where I rode Flight Deck, formerly Top Gun.

Rain made a small creek

Flight Deck was extremely fast, mainly thanks to the rain. It was over quick as well, leaving me to find another way to occupy my time. So I headed onto International Street and rode Eiffel Tower.

B&M construction

I then walked around some, riding the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad. I circled the park again back into Coney Mall, where I entered the old Skee-Ball Arcade and discovered a new game:

House of Horrors! So I was off to the side, two girls playing it. I took a picture and the camera's flash triggered all the targets... yeah. Kinda awkward.

Valencia Falls can't even compared to this

Well, a short ride on the Grand Carousel and Eiffel Tower later, I find myself in line for The Crypt. Half-way through the queue, the ride breaks down and remains broken down for 30 minutes. However, when it finally started working again, I was treated for a wicked ride, and a small visit from the Demon Bat:

Yep... the Demon Bat.

More B&M construction

It was about 4:45 by now, so I got a third ride on Eiffel Tower, along with a first on Viking Fury and second on Grand Carousel. I met up with a second person and rode Firehawk, then finally got my ride on Backlot Stunt Coaster. After this, we both watched the fireworks, which isn't even comparable to Disney's fireworks.

So yeah... I really need something to end the photo trip report... hmm... I used up the main photos I took...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, did you happen to see a guy in a navy blue long sleeved shirt with a guy in a TPR shirt and blue hat? Well, that was me (navy blue) and Jamien (SFOGdude)

If it wasn't for the 10000000 buses of choir/band kids, it would have been dead! I still got a good bunch of rides in, in a couple hours. Nice pics!

Oh, and there were like...3 new footers! There's an obvious pattern...it appears to be a brake run or something.

-JZ