TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Meetup with TPR for Ravine FlyerII/Behemoth trip

Tanks4me05

Ok, here's the situation:

For the TPR trip, I'm trying to decide between CW and DL/MFI. Here is each scenario:

CW:

PROS:

-I get to experience TPR in its full wackiness for the maximum amount of time (ERT on 6 coasters, including my first ever B&M Hyper: Behemoth.)

-I never went to CW before.

-Huss Jump Squared.

-Intamin Gyro Drop (never went on one before.)

CONS:

-Longer drive and a 2 night stay as I live a good 4+ hours away from CW, therefore my mom doesn't want to do two "huge" trips in one year, therefore delaying my CP revisit to 2009 - I last went in 2004, so I will have to wait for Skyhawk, maXair, Maverick, (Woodstock Express, Gemini Blue and Power Tower Green because I didn't go on those) until 2009. I have been itching to go back to CP since I came back from CP... 4 years ago.

-Almost all of CW's coasters are by mostly everyone's opinions are mediocre, save for Vortex, and Behemoth might be crap if the trims are used.

DL/MFI:

PROS:

-I get to do meet up with the craziness of the TPRers.

-It's about half the distance so I can do this in one day, therefore I still get CP, and I was planning to get CW in 2009, anyway.

-I have yet to ride MFI's Full Tilt, and have yet to ride any type of Star Flyer, although I was trying to see what I can do with getting Magical Midway, the Universal Complex, and BGA for 2009.

-I will get to wait a year for Behemoth's trains to "break themselves in."

CONS:

-I get no new credits. If MotoCoaster doesn't open by the time I go to DL for my honors society trip at the end of may, then I will have one new credit.

-No ERT... on Behemoth, and I will have to wait to experience my first Togo Death Machine for another year.

-No awesome Canadian flat rides.

So, does anyone have any ideas?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Huss Jump Squared.

-Intamin Gyro Drop (never went on one before.)

Drop Zone is not a gyro drop. It's one of the older smaller 2nd gen drops. (like the one at Kennywood). It is NOT like the bigger gyro drops like at KD or KI.

And as Joe said, the flats are alright, but nothing special. Sledgegammer (Huss Jump2) looks alot better then it is. Psyclone (Mondial frisbee) is not nearly as good as the Huss giant frisbees. Cliffhanger (Mondial Splashover) is pretty fun, as long as you don't mind getting soaked. Shockwave (Mondial Top Scan) is pretty awesome.

And the coasters as you said, other then Behemoth and Vortex they're pretty forgettable.

I would choose CW,because I have no desire to go to cP again. The ert will make the day fun and going to a new park for me is better then a repeat 90% of the time.

On either choice don't count on a lot of TPR craziness as it is very hard to crack the group on a one day visit.

The Behemoth Bash day will offer more "TPR Craziness" since it's becoming more of a full day event as opposed to meeting up with a tour for a day and being an outsider.

I'm guessing we'll have about 50 other people join us that day. And with ERT on 6 different coasters, I doubt you'll even notice!

--Robb