TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

It has been some time since I last made a coaster, so I thought; why not make a new one?

This time the product is a B&M family hyper coaster.

Stats.

Height: 35 meters

Length: 822 meters

Max. speed: 87 km/h

Lift hill speed: 12 km/h

Trains: 2

Cars per train: 5

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Hugin.nltrack

B&M hyper coaster: Hugin

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The layout's OK, but it's got a lot of strange issues.

• It fails E-stop test
  • The supports are kind of odd
  • Lots of little jerks and funny track shapes
  • The block brake doesn't seem necessary

Let's go over them.

It fails E-stop test

Push 12 when your second train leaves the lift hill. The first train will stop in the second set of brakes, but the second train will coast right through the block brake.

The first set of brakes you have at the end of the ride isn't a block. It should be. At least, that's how most real coasters are.

The trains should never, ever collide. Yours do, when E-stopping.

Try E-stopping the train when it's leaving the station. If you get the tail end to stop but then let it leave, it will not engage the lift hill chain.

The supports are kind of odd

The supports on the lift aren't too much like B&M supports, and I think they should extend out a little farther.

The lateral supports in the turn by the lift hill start pretty low. They'd work better if they started higher up where the forces would be strongest.

Lots of little jerks and funny track shapes

The track just needs work. Ride in the back seat. There are lots of little bumps and shifts all over. The bottom of the turnaround isn't banked enough, unless you're going for laterals around 1 or 1.5 G's.

But the weirdest funny track shape I have an issue with is the tiny segment between the brakes and the station. It moves slightly uphill. That's weird. It should all be downhill, or at least level with kicker tires. If you E-stop the train as it exits the brakes, it will not make it into the station.

The block brake doesn't seem necessary

Besides not working, why have it if you're only running two trains? And the finale is totally lame. Oh, joy. A turn to the right, then a turn to the left into the brakes. This isn't Adventure Express. Maybe turn the block brake into an airtime hill.

What was the last ride you released on here? Just wondering what it was.

Anyhow, this ride is'nt your best, it had pumps here and there and the layout is'nt anything new. I noticed you released this on Coaster crazy, I've released a few of my rides on that and Coaster sims, every one of my rides I released on it has got a seven on both sites but there is a lot of competition on them sites hence the reason why I don't release my rides on them very often.

Sorry for the irrelivent post there. I had a moment where my mind just went for a wednesday stroll!