TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thrope Park's new coaster?

IDK if you already know about this or whatever, but I was just at Thrope Parks website and on the park map there is this empty section of land. Above the land it says "New coaster 2006." What do you think it;s going to be? Or if you know, what is is going to be?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been confirmed its been an Intamin Rocket, the layout...

lets just say the layout is 'Kiddie Ka'

Its Kingda Ka, but half the size. The coasters codename is 'Project: Stealth'. I'll have to go digging around for the concept art though.

Wow, I like the colors alot, but dissapointed they went with the checkered flags like half of the rocket coasters already out there. I guess they won't keep the name Stealth in the title after all.

What's up with the name Rita anyways? Or Kingda Ka... ya know what, nevermind.

:crazy:

They announunced the theme!

The coaster will be 'Sex Ed: The Ride'. You will start off by boarding a sperm train in the station (no prize for guessing what thats themed too) and you count down...3....2....1 EJACULATE and launch in your enclosed train that shows you racing against other sperm till you reach the breaks at the ovum! It will be targeted to a teen audience.

Lmao....if only.

We get the boring theme, a racing track thingy. Although in this case it already fits in with the surrounding theme of the area. It's being placed in Amity Cove, amity cove is themed to 1950's New England, and it's some of the best themeing in the park. It's themed to make it look like a tidal wave has hit it. It's pretty good. So yeah it kind of fits....

The layoutis very dull and boring...everyone was hoping for an extended layout, as Thorpe's been after a rocket for years, but nothing surfaced....so we're suck with that, however it's still the UK's fastest coaster, so thats gonna be good. The launch is a particulary slow one, 0 -80mph in 4 seconds, however this is beneficial to the ride, as this slower launch will give that pulling feeling for longer, and it'll rock.

Stealth will add to the Thorpe landscape hugely, it's going to be twice as tall as anything else in the park. Plus there's a space in the landscape for the tophat.

Despite it's rather unoriginal layout I'm really looking forward to Stealth and the extension of amity cove, althugh recently the grandstand was scaped, so that sucks.

But all in all it's good things for Thorpe, but what we're really waiting for is the rumours for the 2008 coaster mention on the Long-term development plan to surface.