TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knotts Berry Farm

jd27

Hi

I am flying to LA from the UK on Thursday 6th September. We arrive at 1.00pm and are staying at a hotel near LAX.

I am planning on visiting KBF this day, and was wondering is it feasible (considering LA traffic) to get there and have enough time to ride the main coasters before the park closes at 6pm.

We are off to SFMM the following day then driving up the coast, so Thursday is the only possible day.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Dylan.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you get to Knott's by 1pm it would be worth it. If you could spend a good 4 hours there it just might be worth it. Anything under 3 hours its not worth it. I'm not saying Knott's is a bad park, its actually my favorite park in SoCal. You just wanna spend a nice day there enjoying the atmosphere and the great rides.

If you had no choice, then go. Get all the large rides in first so you can ride all the smaller rides fast. Beware of Ghostrider. There is a hidden Queue. It might be a good idea to go there first, no matter how rough it is. If you arrive and you find that your luggage takes a long time and the traffic is horrible, there is always the Santa Monica Pier.

Well, if you arrive at LAX at 1:00, then you probably won't get out of the airport until at the earliest 2:30. Assuming you get into the park at 3:30 (which is optimistic), you would have about two and a half hours at the park. With my experience at the park, and the fact that you are going on a Thursday, you should probably be fine. You could probably get all of the coasters done and maybe, just maybe, get on a couple of extras. If you are just going for coasters, do it. If not, then it is pretty much pointless.

---Brent

Thanks guys.

My main intention is to try get on the main coasters - Ghostrider, Silver Bullet, Xcelerator....anything else is a bonus really. I probably wont have another chance to come to the west coast for a while, which is why I really want to try and get there. So it sounds feasible..as long as I get through the airport quite quickly.

And if not, then I will just head to the beach.

• 1 month later...

^ Gah, right Barry. Totally forgot about it because I never go on it anymore. To answer your question, lines during the week are almost always non-existent. Sometimes rides go into rehab during the summer, but that rarely happens. You should be fine if you're going during the week. You might even have more time than you want.

---Brent

Thanks! How bad are the waits end of July during the week? & are all rides running? I don't want to go on a day somethings closed.

July tends to be busy, but its not that bad.

All rides should be running. Waits can be from walk ons to 45 min waits, depending on the day you go and the time of the day. Mon-Thrus are the best days to go to the park. In the morning, Ghostrider, Sierra Sidewinder and Silver Bullet all have long waits. But rides like Xcelerator, Montazoomas Revenge, Boomerang, and Jaguar all have walk on waits. And toward the middle of the day the lines pick up at Boomerang and Xcelerator, while Sliver Bullet and Montazoomas Revenge have little to no wait. Ghostrider and Sierra Sidewinder have lines that usually do not die down. Also If you wish to ride Perilous Plunge, ride it in the morning, as the ride gets very long waits during the day.

I hope I answered your questions.

• 4 weeks later...