TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Adventureland 5/12 (aka Robb & Elissa in Iowa!

So, lo and behold, I received an e-mail from Robb saying that he and Elissa would be going to Adventureland. Of course, I had to go... it's very rare to get any coaster nerds going to Adventureland.

Also, I took the opportunity to bring my friend, Michal-Marie, who had never been to Adventureland before (well, the last time she was there was when she was 4, so, yeah).

We all had a great time and got plenty of rides on a bunch of different rides. At the beginning of the day, I was a little worried because it was quite crowded; however, the crowds died down after about noon or one o'clock, so we were all able to ride everything that we wanted multiple times.

(Oh, and sorry about the small number of 'people pictures'... lol. We didn't bother taking a lot of pictures when we were meeting up.)

In the car...

We're here! But take this picture as proof that Michal-Marie cannot take pictures... at all. This is before the awesomeness that is the blooming onion, which was totally delicious.

That girl looks like she's going to hurl... before the ride!

The floor drops...

This ride is actually very fun and forceful.

Second piece of proof that Michal-Marie cannot take pictures.

Oh, I'm sure that's good... this mechanic was checking all of the wheels on Dragon's train every time it came back into the station.

Dragon sucks as much as ever... you know a ride is horrible if it hurts even before the lift. We found that there were over eight different necessary 'brace positions' for a ride on Dragon.

Awww...

Outlaw was kicking some serious ass! There was some great, crazy lateral air to be had!

Ah, I love the sight of deserted midways.

Oh, and we all got soaked on the spinny waterside called Saw Mill Splash. That never happens. The operator told us all to lean left to spin really fast, and we did... holy cow, that was intense.

This ride always amuses me.

It's a purdy ride.

Adventureland looks great...

Awww... how cute!

Brace position #8!

The nosebleed helices of doom... brace positions 5, 6, and 7

The Tornado was okay... it wasn't running very impressively, though.

Yeah, I don't know what she's doing.

Tornado...

The ops were rocking, as usual. They're very friendly AND very efficient! Think of that!

Turning onto the lift...

Dragon looks nice...

It's too bad that it kills you during your ride.

Emptiness, and a well-maintained park.

Through that doorway lies the OD Hopkins coaster of supreme death and pain.

An interesting shot...

The sky looked really strange towards the end of the day.

Purdy...

Tornado's killer turn...

Lovely setting for a park...

This turn is the roughest thing I have ever experienced on a coaster. The train literally sounds like a trash can being thrown down a hill during these little bunny hills and during this horrid turn.

Skyride time!

These following shots are from the Skyride, one of the coolest attractions at Adventureland... it's a great ride.

Sometimes, I can actually get perfectly synced with a log... but alas, not this time.

You get totally drenched during this dip.

It's probably the only log ride in the world with some crazy rapids!

Adventureland's Main Street... with BINGO!

Prepare for landing...

And we close with a shot of the ferris wheel.

We all had a great deal of fun, and that's what Adventureland is all about. I simply wish more parks could have the great atmosphere and workforce that Adventureland does. This is a true family-friendly park.

We had a great time meeting with everyone at Advetureland--it was a lot of fun!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Pics. I especially love the maintenance man checking the wheels on The Dragon. Like I said in my trip report, there's bound to be a few wheels under there by the end of the season.

It was nice to meet the two of you. Let me know if you are going to be coming back this way over the summer.

Ron "I'm gonna have to ask if I can have a broken wheel!" Patton

Nice pics of a great park! Adventureland has some of the best customer service EVER! And the irony is that it's almost completely run by senior citizens and teenagers, two groups that often get a bad rap, and are not often known for mingling except at family gatherings!

I am continually baffled how this park is never recognized for a Golden Ticket Award for service. Proof that there is some "coaster mafia" out there and those awards are at least somewhat of a scam.

When we were there, the ride ops gave us comedic, personalized attention, and we were greeted everywhere we went (or even walked past) by a smiling face.

One of our favorite memories of the park was when we ordered corn dogs and the counter person apologetically asked if we minded waiting a couple minutes for them. She then proceeded to make us the most delicious hand-dipped corn dogs that were hot and freshly made just for us! Awesome!

Melanie "I Love Adventureland!" Bitner

^^ I know exactly what you're talking about! The atmosphere that the employees create is just great. Not only do the employees do their jobs in a friendly manner, but also in a very efficient manner. They really keep the lines moving on the rides, which is great! They can easily send out trains in about a minute (or less!)

What I love, though, is the great relationship between the teens and the elderly working at the park together. They work very well together and keep the friendliness and efficiency high throughout the park. They have the sweetest people working there--people who genuinely care about your day and your experience

Anyway, thanks for all of the great comments, guys! I hope to get a new camera soon, so when I'm up there next time, the pictures will be of much higher quality--I have a 4.1mp Gateway right now, and the quality just isn't that great. The good thing is that it was free, so I'm definitely not complaining about it.

However, these are scaled down from their original size, so be sure to let me know if you'd like a larger (and better quality) file of the photo.

This turn is the roughest thing I have ever experienced on a coaster. The train literally sounds like a trash can being thrown down a hill during these little bunny hills and during this horrid turn.

OMG, you're right! I never thought about it, but that's exactly what it sounds like!

Nice TR. I wish I could have come.