TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Drayton 16th April PTR

Ok great day ! Im suprised by how good it was.

Arrived at 10 ish and it was empty, G Force and Shockwave tested and i liked the look of both.

Shockwave : X2

It was a different experiance and i enjoyed it, through put was quite bad though.

G Force: X2

Great ride, i wasn't too sure on what to expect. I liked it very much and the queue was long first time and short second

Apocalypse: X2

Omg .... it was amazing, i was scared as usual and it was a great experiance.

Anyway ... for those who want to see my trip report :

Click here for more pictures

Few Tasters

The new ride ' Bounty '

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to this park in june 2006. The park was cramped with annoying kids. The park was full of q-jumpers, ugly steel q-line fences and the park wasn't very clean. I had a not so fine experience with this park.

Shockwave and GeForce were fun, but no top 10 coasters for me.

That drop tower "Apocalypse" and the frisbee "Maelstrom" were my favorite rides in the park.

That new swinging ship looks quite big. How tall is it?

I visited this park at the end of March for my Birthday treat, I found it fine apart from litter in the Q lines, it was not 2 busy and managed to have lots of rides on the 2 main coasters..

Shockwave is good for a stand-up ( I rode this facing backwards with the European Coaster Club a few years ago) but it does have some rough parts going into the corkscrew.

G-Force was a great little ride, shame it's not bigger and longer, the Ops also push the bars down too far and your nuts get squashed. The best parts are the "hangtime" on the lift-loop and the "bent cuban 8".

Hola!

Thought Id just add my words about Drayton! I was lucky enough to go on the UK Trip with TPR, sadly, when we were at Drayton, it poured on us off and on. So it was really hard to get the full park experience. The coasters there were "unique" to say the least.

Glad you had a good time while you were there, I wouldn't mind going back there to do more of the stuff the park had to offer!

(And By the Way, BEST SHOOTING GALLERY EVER over by Shockwave!)

-Ryan

I wrote a letter to Drayton Manor regarding some points which I became aware of during the day I visited the Park. e.g. Q jumping, litter, jumping off a moving train, coaster painting and G-Force trains.

It's best to let the Park know if you saw anything or if it is not up to your standards. Makes it a better park for everyone to enjoy.

Here is Drayton's Answer:

Dear Jim

Thank you for taking the time to email us with your views.

If we catch visitors jumping off of trains while they are moving we will remove them from the park. Similarly if we catch anyone queue jumping we will in most cases give them a warning and remove them from the queue, if they are caught a second time we will remove them from the park.

The painting of rides in the park is a large project and we only have 16 weeks in which to do as much as possible, and this is during the winter months when the weather is very much against us, we do however do as much as possible and try to complete outstanding work in the quieter times of the season.

As you are aware if anyone on G-Force feels that their lap bar is too tight they only have to inform the operator who will release it slightly if they feel it is safe to do so.

We only started off with one car on G-Force because we were unsure how popular the new system would be. With each car costing over Four Hundred Thousand Pounds it is a major financial commitment to make if the ride popularity does not justify it.

We do have a large team of cleaners continually going around the park picking up litter and this does include the ride queuing areas.

May I once again thank you for taking the trouble to inform us of your views as we do appreciate any feed back from visitors.

Ian McSherry

Operations Manager

Drayton Manor Park Ltd

We only started off with one car on G-Force because we were unsure how popular the new system would be. With each car costing over Four Hundred Thousand Pounds it is a major financial commitment to make if the ride popularity does not justify it.

I don't think that's a valid excuse for the park, if they already made the commitment to get the ride in the first place, they should make sure they are doing things correctly since it appears to be a very low capacity ride with only 1 train and I'm sure it doesn't make the park look good to have a long, slow moving line for their newest coaster