TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Williams Grove Reopening!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If money is not pumped into a park to add new rides and attract visitor's it will not grow, no park should look like it has been dumped into a field with no theming. I make better parks on Tycoon 3.

I do feel sad when any coaster has to meet it's maker esp the old wood ones built before 1960's, I have never visited WG and experienced the "painful" Cyclone.

The only coaster which I think i'm going to die on is the "Wild Mouse" at Blackpool, but I love it and can multi-ride when I visit the beach.

By looking at the pictures, I don't know how it past it's yearly "inspection" for safety. Seems like the "Big Dipper" at Chippewa Lake looks safer.

Seeing the TPR video, the wonky lift-hill, the last corner before the station, double down and hearing an "aaarrrr" wants me to ride it, but now it is SBNO and the park has closed I will never get that ride.

The Cyclone is an "Ace Classic" , trains from "Palisades Park Cyclone" and last one built by "Oscar", are these 3 good reason not to save it..?

I thought all "Ace Classic" coasters should try to be saved if they are in danger of being razed.

Does the "Hurler" / "Grizzly" give a better "non-death ride.

----------------------------------------------------------

So goodbye WG "Cyclone", thanks for providing near death thrills since 1933.

I hope the "Blue Streak" is not next on the list to become history.

I really want to ride this woodie when I come across the pond in a few years time.

The Cyclone is an "Ace Classic" , trains from "Palisades Park Cyclone" and last one built by "Oscar", are these 3 good reason not to save it..?

I thought all "Ace Classic" coasters should try to be saved if they are in danger of being razed.

Does the "Hurler" / "Grizzly" give a better "non-death ride.

Just because a coaster is an "ACE Classic" doesn't mean it is a good ride. It has nothing to do with the actual coaster or track or ride, just that the train has a buzzbar or stationary lapbar instead of the individual racheting style, no headrests, and no seatbelts/seat divider. I can think of plenty of wood coasters I'd rather ride than some of the ACE Classics, and some of the ones that used to be ACE classics but aren't anymore because they altered the trains to accommodate the insurance companies.

Of course, these days it seems like every park has some sort of ACE plaque, at least if the park hosted an ACE event at some point in history. Heck, Williams Grove probably has an ACE plaque, still sitting there, being used as a coffee table or holding some tarp down or something. Who knows, maybe ACE can attempt to save the Cyclone, or at least get the train off of it to use in their Roller Coaster Museum when it opens in 4067.

• 5 months later...

Reserecting to post results from auction. Roller Coaster, house and a few other things to be sold by realator or something

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=e54eb675-99b6-4859-affd-537f743a86e7

Tilt a whirl heading to Indiana for a traveling show. Kiddie coaster going to some coaster fan's front yard in West Virginia.