TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Support Joyland

With all the difficulties they are facing they could use some support!

Please read this and call the city.

thanks

Chris

HELP SUPPORT JOYLAND

If there is enough public outcry maybe the city will begin to work with Joyland.

Did you know that :

The city has a permanent injunction on any outdoor entertainment.This includes Louie who has played the parks Wurlitzer style 160 organ since 1950 !

The city promised to promote the park on all city media websites,help with city signs and tourism promotions.

They were not allowed to place a sign near the highway.

Jim Sketon doesn't have an open door policy.When called over a three week period he never returned a call.

The city seems dedicated to seeing Joyland fail at every turn. From not allowing entertainment or advertising to outright not communicating with them.

Please call the city and ask them WHY?

Why cant they have any outdoor entertainment?

Why wont they communicate?

Why do they want Joyland to Fail?

Please contact the mayor and city council at:

Carlos Mayans-phone: 316-268-4331

fax : 316-268-4333

email : cmayans@wichita.gov

Carl Brewer-phone: 316-303-8017

fax : 316-303-8022

email : cbrewer@wichita.gov

Jim Skelton-phone:316-303-8033

fax : 316-303-8035

email : jskelton@wichita.gov

Paul Gray-phone:316-268-4331

fax : 316-858-7736

email : pgray@wichita.gov

Sue Schlapp-phone-316-268-4331

email : sschlapp@wichita.gov

Sharon Fearey-phone:316-303-8042

fax:: 316-303-8049

email : sfearey@wichita.gov

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am not going to delete this post (thought about it) I would really recommend people *NOT* to call and annoy those people above.

They all have real jobs to do and I'm sure they are all looking out for the best interests of everyone, the last thing they need is a bunch of people calling and bothering them about a failed amusement park.

This is not the kind of support that will help the park.

Jim Sketon doesn't have an open door policy.When called everyday for three weeks he never returned a call.

Gee...you wonder why.

--Robb "NOT a supporter of this kind of activity." Alvey

Face it- Wichita has sucked, and will always suck. Except for Joyland... and their coaster... I wouldn't even bother calling any of these people, they are probably more in favor of all-star adventures or whatever they called it now, because that cornejo construction company owns all star adventures.

Burn down all star adventures maybe?

While I am not going to delete this post (thought about it) I would really recommend people *NOT* to call and annoy those people above.

They all have real jobs to do and I'm sure they are all looking out for the best interests of everyone, the last thing they need is a bunch of people calling and bothering them about a failed amusement park.

This is not the kind of support that will help the park.

Jim Sketon doesn't have an open door policy.When called everyday for three weeks he never returned a call.

Gee...you wonder why.

--Robb "NOT a supporter of this kind of activity." Alvey

I dunno Robb, many of these people have been voted into office or are payed by taxpayers and thus, when they screw up this massively, those who they work for should speak up. This is actually the best way to help out Joyland, but unfortunately, it will really help if loads of people who are actually from Whichita join in. I don't think a few coaster enthusiasts from around the country will do to much to sway the city's thinking.

Still though, keep it up. Bell's was almost saved by this type of action.

Words from a few coaster enthusiasts won't do jack. Words from investors, bankers, local businesss who are interesting in advertising or group events ....those people might help.

If you don't have those, you probably won't stand a chance. If you think that anyone is going to listen to a few coaster enthusiasts from a website, unless they come in carrying vasts amount of cash, then you're very mistaken.

In my experience parks that fail, fail for a reason. There have been VERY FEW examples where a failed park has come back. Off the top of my head I can think of Magic Springs in the past 10 years, and um....hmm...trying to think of another....nope!

Ghost Town In The Sky *could* be an example, but they haven't proven themselves successful yet. (heck, they haven't even re-opened yet!)

Placing tons of phone calls just makes us look like the "Fanatical weirdos" that the Simpsons pegged coaster enthusiasts to be.

--Robb

Placing tons of phone calls just makes us look like the "Fanatical weirdos" that the Simpsons pegged coaster enthusiasts to be.

--Robb

And that's why you need to get the rest of the local community involved rather than just us. It seems like a long shot, but if you can raise the interest of a few thousand average locals, the city will have to pay attention.

But even more than that, like robb said - the park needs to prove that it's worth staying open. Once again, it sounds like a long shot - but if a sizable group stood up and helped out the owners with fixing up the place, and a few local businesses contributed some funds, the park could stand out again, and thus stand a chance.

The question is, who wants to join in and go through all that? I would - if I lived a few hours closer. I'll try to do the most I can over the net, but I can't do all that much other than cheer.

Ok... So I went ahead an e-mailed him, hopefully I can get a good response from him.

Hopefully it wont be like the reply I got from a former mayor candidate, who told me to "take this somewhere else, nobody cares about that dump anymore. Its all about my theaters"

does anyone have any ideas for generating local support? Ive already

been circulating info and emailed newsstations and papers.

If I were you, I would start up a site, put all your info on it, and viral market the hell out of it. Plus, keep sending *professional* letters to as many people as possible. Just make sure you don't spam.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have to go with Robb on this one. If you were in a city political office and had to deal with trash pickups and public outcries over roundabouts 24/7, would you want coaster enthusiasts calling you every hour?

Just sayin'.