TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Paramount Parks Re-name game

I thought this would be interesting to see what others thought, but this is just an open-ended thread for anyone to say what they would re-name any of the paramount themed rides. If you want, you can use the Cedar Fair re-names like they did with some of the Geauga Lake rides.

If it was up to me, I would take Top Gun in Carowinds, repaint the trains royal blue, and call it the Blue Angel after the fighter jets that do aireal shows around the country

Another idea is if we were to go the Cedar Fair rename route, perhaps Vortex at Great America will be renamed Dominator.

Other ideas?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to any Paramount parks, but don't they use the Nickelodean theme? What will those rides be renamed/themed to?

They aren't actually changing the names of any of the rides. When Cedar Fair bought the chain, they also bought the rights to Nickelodeon and movies that the rides are themed to. They are just talking about what they would change the rides to if they were to ever change them, or whenever the contracts expire.

As far as Great America goes, here's my guesses...

Top Gun --> Jet Coaster, Dominator, Steel Venom

Drop Zone --> Fear Fall, Stunt Tower, Supreme Scream

Not sure about Survivor or the Nickelodeon/Kids area

As far as the rest of the rides go, the names are most likely suitable to remain the same during the change as they're not based on Paramount movies or other movies in general.

I haven't been to any Paramount parks, but don't they use the Nickelodean theme? What will those rides be renamed/themed to?

They aren't actually changing the names of any of the rides. When Cedar Fair bought the chain, they also bought the rights to Nickelodeon and movies that the rides are themed to. They are just talking about what they would change the rides to if they were to ever change them, or whenever the contracts expire.

No, I thought CF bought the rights to Nick themes as well to use in their own parks (since, well, nobody under the age of 10 is a fan of Snoopy).

No use for this thread then.