TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

wearing Eyeglasses on rides at SFMM/DISNEY/USH?

d_gil

Hi,

I'm going to be in L.A area soon and plan on visiting magic mountain,universal studios,disney and mybe knott's...

Are there any restrictions reguarding wearing eyeglasses on rides at these parks?

the only thing they wanted me to do while visiting cedar point was to have a strap on them...but when I was in vegas for example I couldn't leave them on at the stratophire rides.

Another questions:what rides can I take my bag on with me?

I try no to waste too much $$ on lockers,but still want to have my DV camera with me at the park.

Thanks!

gil

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot recall being asked to remove my glasses on any ride at SFMM (except X), Disney or Universal. I have not been to SFMM since Tatsu was opened, so someone else will have to answer that one. Bags seem to be a hit and miss thing at SFMM, but I've never had a problem at Disney or Universal. Usually if it doesn't cause a problem with the restraint, it is OK. It often seems to be a something left to ride operator descretion, though.

Knott's is well known for their strict policies, including glasses and bags. Be prepared to use a locker there a lot. Honestly, I'd leave the video camera in the car there, as it's just going to be more annoying to deal with it there. I'd bring a strap for the glasses, but don't be surprised if the op tells you that you can't wear them anyway.

dt

thanks Meteornotes

i'm happy to know my glasses won't be a problem,although other people said (in a different forum) they had to remove their glasses while on most SFMM rides

So,if anyone have any more info on that (and if you can wear glasses with a strap on Tatsu?) - please let me know.

cheers,

gil

Ya for SFMM and Universal(since they have mostly shows and a couple of rides) they shouldn't mind (or SFMM employees don't care). But i haven't been to DL since 98'(ya i know i need to go) and Knott's since 97' but i have heard they have very strict policies. Tell me what you think of my home park SFMM and have fun!

I wrote this at Westcoaster after you asked the same question there:

I was just at SFMM with someone who wears glasses and they made him take them off for Goliath, Batman, Scream!, Tatsu, Deja Vu, and Superman. He didn't have a strap and I don't know what the "strap policy" is. X wasn't open, but I also know they normally don't allow glasses on that ride either. Then again, if you're coming anytime soon, X will probably be closed for you too, so no need to worry about that ride!

I know it's annoying, but some parks are just different than others, and you have to accept that especially if you're a glasses wearing coaster enthusiast.

Or you could just do like me...and get contact lenses!

You have to realize that everyone will probably have a different answer because the park is very inconsistent with this rule. Please do not take any one person here at TPR or at Westcoaster as "fact" since worst case scenario you could very well find yourself being asked to remove your glasses on every ride since it says on their website:

Don't Forget to... secure all personal belongings while enjoying the attractions, as they may become lost during the ride experience

Since it's really up to the ride operators discretion, my best advice would be to call the park by calling: (661) 255-4100 to find out for sure.

--Robb